chicken breast

Options
I got a costco bag of it and I am looking for ways to make a tasty dinner and not just oh blah chicken breast. anyone got any ideas??

Replies

• Linybean
    Linybean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate them in fat free Italian dressing and grill them. Very tasty!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    steam it..it actually tastes pretty good that way..make fajitas or something..i have tons of chicken recipes, i just use a few tho..good luck:drinker:
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Try seasoning with celery salt and pepper, spray w/non-stick and bake, juicy inside and crispy outside. I've also done the dried onion crispy baked without using the egg or milk dip, very good but be sure to spray again with non-stick.
  • PartTimeSarah
    PartTimeSarah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think @leomom72 means boil it. I do that all the time. Boil two chicken breasts for about 12 minutes in a big pot and then shred them using two forks. There are tons of possibilities: fajitas, chicken salad, curry when mixed with a prepared side (try Tasty Bite sides), and SO MANY MORE! Have fun! :)
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    There are tons of recipe sites on the Web.

I get an email a day from some of them.

allrecipes.com is one and I also get something from Campbell's.

http://www.fosterfarms.com/ looks promising, too.

One thing that lots of folks don't know about is chicken half breasts vs boneless breasts.

Boneless breasts are very close to being tasteless. I don't know if it's how they're processed but they're pretty bland so you have to "do something" with them to give them some taste appeal.

Half breasts have a "meaty" taste. Could be from the bone or from the fat under the skin (I suspect both) but it's definitely a different experience eat a half breast compared to a boneless breast. Oh, they take longer to cook than a boneless breast, too.

Check out a section of French or Italian cuisine and find tons of great recipes. Chicken chasseur is a classic - can't go wrong with it!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i make a chicken Marsala with Lawry's Chicken Marsala Season packet, if u can find the packet (its not in all grocery stores its in with the chili mix and all the packet mixes) it has the recipe on the back everyone goes through 2 servings in my house of it including my picky 5 yr old and 21 month old. its so good and not high in cals

also love getting recipies off campbells sight, kraft sight and allrecipies.com love that sight the most
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    pound the breasts flat (to 1/2 inch) with a meat mallet, marinate in any combination of olive or canola oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, marjoram, etc.; add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime, and grill.

You can also use fat free italian, soy sauce mixed with olive oil mayo, or olive oil and a package of dry ranch dressing mix.

Experiment! Try coating with salsa, spicy brown mustard, whatever flips your switch! Then broil and enjoy! Chicken breast is awesomely adaptable!