For premium users, what is your favorite feature?

lorib642
lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
I am using a free trial of Premium and am not sure what benefits there are. What do people like about premium besides ad free?

Replies

• DoctorMOHSEN
    DoctorMOHSEN Posts: 53 Member
    For me, adjusting macros by grams not by percentage only
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,280 Member
    Honestly?

I’m here because SparkPeople collapsed. Due to too many people using the free version, and not enough people paying the very modest monthly fee for the ad free version. And the ads just weren’t enough to pay the bills.

There are many pluses and minuses to the app. But not having it disappear because not enough people financially supported it?
    That is enough reason for me to pay for MFP now, while I am able to afford it.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,417 Member
    I used MFP’s free version throughout my weight loss, and then changed to paid, to support them. I would be devastated if they pulled the plug like SparkPeople did- as much for the community aspect as the weight loss support.

I found that simply getting rid of the ads was an unexpected benefit. My husband is on the free version right now, and some of the ads are to the point of being confusing and deceptive, particularly the one that always looks like you have an incoming call.

I like being able to flip between % and grams on macros by meal category. I can quickly see if I need to bump up protein, say, for lunch.

I’ve got a phone consult with a dietician tomorrow (it’s free via ny health insurance plan so why not?) and can easily send her a spreadsheet via premium, too.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    In order of personal importance...

1 Paying keeps me accountable
    2 No ads
    3 MFP exercise plans
  • Skysnap
    Skysnap Posts: 3 Member
    setting my daily macros by grams - I have different macros each day so it's easier to track and plan ahead :)