Question

Options
If my maintenance calories is 2,220 calories ( I weigh 159 pounds and work out 4-5 days week for 30-45 mins) if I consume 1,551 and burn 344 with excercise that would put me deficent 1013 cals ?

I just want to make sure I'm doing this math correctly. Thanks

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    If your maintenance is 2220: does that already include your exercise? From how you listed it, I'm not sure. If the 2220 is based on TDEE (which includes exercise) then eating at 1551 would put you at a deficit of roughly 669 daily. If the 2220 is normal daily activity baseline - and does NOT factor in exercise - then burning 344 in exercise would put you at a bigger deficit on the 4-5 days that you do work out.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I used TDEE calculator it included the excercise. That makes sense now though how you explained it. Thanks
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,766 Member
    Options
    If you weight 159 pounds, standard advice here would be *not* to cut calories by 1000(ish) in order to lose two pounds(ish) a week, because you're very unlikely to have sufficient fat stores to support loss that fast, and at the same time keep health risk in a reasonable range. A 500 calorie deficit, 750 at the extreme outside - 1 to 1.5 pound loss per week - would be a less risky and more sustainable route.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    If you weight 159 pounds, standard advice here would be *not* to cut calories by 1000(ish) in order to lose two pounds(ish) a week, because you're very unlikely to have sufficient fat stores to support loss that fast, and at the same time keep health risk in a reasonable range. A 500 calorie deficit, 750 at the extreme outside - 1 to 1.5 pound loss per week - would be a less risky and more sustainable route.

Yes I agree, I was thinking of 1.5 pounds a week would be great to lose for abit. As I get closer to my goal I know my body will probably lose less then that a week and I'm okay with that. I want to lose all the weight again in a healthy way.