General Insight, Suggestions or Motivation

Options
My maintenance calories is 1966 per day. Cutting that by 500 calories daily puts me back at 1466 which is roughly where I started. Yet, even though my net cal is averaging that amount, I'm still not losing the average pound per week and I've gained back the 10 lbs I originally lost. I was eating back most of my exercise calories in that time frame too that averaged to my maintenance calories so maybe that has something to do with it? At some point I bumped up my daily intake by 100 calories daily and that helped but it always slows down if not stalls despite having kept my activities consistent including fasting. As of the past 2 weeks I've bumped up my calories again to around 1600 but reduced my exercise too because I'm getting tired of doing the same thing. My BMR is roughly 1638. I stopped eating back exercise calories the past week in lieu of increasing my daily in take. I don't feel as hungry and I'm full. My net cal is averaging around 1350 to 1450 daily.

I'm weighing myself every 2 days just to see how much my weight is fluctuating and I've had some water weight retention going on for the past 2 months as in more than usual. I try to stay under 2300 mg sodium and stay away from foods that make me bloat regardless. I'm not sure what else to do to see a little more consistency. I've used the MFP method to start and then switched to TDEE to get results again after not seeing anything progress for 3 months at a time. Thanks in advance for any insight and suggestions.

5'5 and currently 210 as of 9/12. I was down to 202 June 1. My goal weight is 135.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Hm.

You've made some sweeping claims.

Can you open your FOOD diary so we can see how your logging is going? Also, how did you come up with your BMR and how have you been accounting for your purposeful exercise.

To open your diary go to FOOD > Settings, scroll down, click 'Public' and Save.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Based on your height/weight: eating ~1500 daily should result in weight loss. Sounds like you've been tracking long enough for temporary water weight fluctuations to balance out over time. So the logical question becomes how accurate is your logging? Do you track every day? How often do you use a food scale? How often do you eat food made by others? NOTHING wrong with food made by family, friends or restaurants but it does lead to estimation and estimation leads to errors.