for those craving Starbucks Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte...

Options
Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte:

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute (i used truvia and only used 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (i just poured some in)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice(i would use a little less...the ginger flavor was a little overpowering)
1-2 shots of espresso(about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of really strong brewed coffee(this is what i did) if you dont have an espresso machine)

Directions:

in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar...cook on med. heat, stirring until steaming. remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice, transfer to blender and process for 15sec. until foamy or if you dont have a blender just whisk really well with a wire whisk. if you use the vanilla unsweetened almond milk...its only about 140 calories for the whole thing! 8carbs, 2g protein, 5g sugars(from pumpkin & a little whipped cream-depending on how much you use could change that amount), 7g fat(from the almond milk) pour into a large mug or two mugs. add espresso or strong coffee on top.

***top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top

Replies

• CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds DELICIOUS!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    YUMMY!!!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You just started my cravings...thanks a lot..lol! This recipe looks great!:wink:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to sprinkle a little bit of the pumpkin spice on top, like it says! :)

It's the topping that makes the drink. :)

~Your friendly neighborhood barista ^_^
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!!! Thanks!!! I was just thinking about this today!
  • judyyy314
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well, I WASN'T craving it until now. :tongue:
  • darlenewanamaker
    darlenewanamaker Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte:

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
    2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin
    2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute (i used truvia and only used 1 tablespoon)
    2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (i just poured some in)
    1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice(i would use a little less...the ginger flavor was a little overpowering)
    1-2 shots of espresso(about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of really strong brewed coffee(this is what i did) if you dont have an espresso machine) OMG thats awesome TY for sharing

Directions:

in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar...cook on med. heat, stirring until steaming. remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice, transfer to blender and process for 15sec. until foamy or if you dont have a blender just whisk really well with a wire whisk. if you use the vanilla unsweetened almond milk...its only about 140 calories for the whole thing! 8carbs, 2g protein, 5g sugars(from pumpkin & a little whipped cream-depending on how much you use could change that amount), 7g fat(from the almond milk) pour into a large mug or two mugs. add espresso or strong coffee on top.

***top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I've been wanting one ever since I heard they're back!!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    The giant signs in my safeway/ starbucks made me want one and this made it so much worse
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bless you! You are my new favorite person in the whole world! Thank you so much!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    sounds positively yummy and now I'm craving it. Thanks
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    sorry guys HAHA
    but hey, you dont have to feel guilty about this one!

i made it today and it was so good im making some more in the morning to take to work with me :tongue:
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump, I was already wanting one of those when someone posted they had one on facebook!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Thank you SOOOO much! I wonder if you add a scoop of vanilla protein powder if it would be good? I cant wait to try it!
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    Thank you SOOOO much! I wonder if you add a scoop of vanilla protein powder if it would be good? I cant wait to try it!

i actually thought about this...but i dont know, it might make it too thick. maybe ill try it some time soon