Adrastos (September Challenge - Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• suzymyers
    Options
    WEEK 3 PYGMY CHALLENGE SERIES
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES (Advanced)

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right?
    Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
    Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.
  • suzymyers
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 3 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week THREE Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are at the 1/2 way mark! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series.
    Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    OK ladies, I've completed everything but went over my cals on Tuesday. I'm feeling a little disheartened though. I've gained 1.6 lbs. :sad: I am on my period and feeling bloated this morning. Not sure if that's an excuse of if we really gain weight when on our periods. We'll see next week I suppose.:laugh:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Ooooooppps wrong group!!
  • Ajessie
    Options
    The interview was FLAWLESS! My best interview to date so I'll be REALLY upset if I dont get the job. I'll find out Tuesday or Thursday, but if they have a few "favorite applicants" they may ask for a second interview - holding my breathe until then! :indifferent:
  • nyy03
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you ajessie.

Not sure if anyone wants it, but here how you get the wappo warrior banner. Thanks to another tribesman from another team.

copy this into your signature: idMVA.jpg
    then change both the "IMG" to "img", be sure to keep the brackets and slash mark

Good luck this week ladies. For some reason it doesn't appear(on screen) as bad as last week except for the 5 mile run everyday. (I'm doing the bushmen series) but I guess we'll see. :tongue:
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you ajessie.

Not sure if anyone wants it, but here how you get the wappo warrior banner. Thanks to another tribesman from another team.

copy this into your signature: idMVA.jpg
    then change both the "IMG" to "img", be sure to keep the brackets and slash mark

Good luck this week ladies. For some reason it doesn't appear(on screen) as bad as last week except for the 5 mile run everyday. (I'm doing the bushmen series) but I guess we'll see. :tongue:

Great Going Nyy03 .. m doing Bushman series too aarrghhhh its killing.. i started the 3rd week today .. and i am sore already.. squats and lunges together is a killer combo..

I am sorry guys i was MIA.. but now m gonna follow the thread religiously and the weekly challenge too.. wooohoo.. way to go warriors..
  • nyy03
    Options
    Just wondering what you guys are doing when we have our weight days. I've been doing 3 rounds of each set of exercises? Are you doing the same or are you doing your sets one after the other?
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    sorry been abit bler! but i have kept in my calorie goal and my water and have run a total of 13km last week.
    i have slacked off on the daily challenges im sorry but i will pick it up again this week! :)
  • sue567
    Options
    Just wondering what you guys are doing when we have our weight days. I've been doing 3 rounds of each set of exercises? Are you doing the same or are you doing your sets one after the other?

So this is what i do.. when i pick heavy weights i give a 30 sec rest between the sets of 1 workout and i give 1-2 minutes rest between each workout because unlike cardio we dont have to keep our heart rate up when we do Weight training.. and the muscles need some time to recover too.. in order to get ready for the next workout.... and i drink Milk after my workouts immediatly coz it helps in the recovery of muscles ..

Hence u get lees sore the next day :wink:

woohooo..
  • suzymyers
    Options
    Hi everyone --- Anyone in this group that knows how to do banners? Would love to have one.
  • suzymyers
    Options
    If anyone has a friend who would like to join our team, please let me know - send a message.
  • suzymyers
    Options
    I can't wait to hear about the interview Ajessie!
  • nyy03
    Options
    Hi everyone --- Anyone in this group that knows how to do banners? Would love to have one.

I've been trying with no success. Just got the wappo warriors banner.
  • Ajessie
    Options
    I can't wait to hear about the interview Ajessie!

I can't wait to hear either!!! I should get a phone call either today or tomorrow. :: Please, please, PLEASE call me today!!!! ::
  • sue567
    Options

Hey Sue.. i can try.. ..i'll give u a few samples tommorrow .. can u msg me the Display names of all the members of our team ??
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Banner looks GREAT Sue!! Can I get the address to add to my signature?

Thanks!!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well.......I can't get it to show up.....what tags did you use? I can't figure it out :embarassed:
  • suzymyers
    Options
    yes! I can finally see the banner ! It Is Awesome.... just like our team. Thank you so much for making this banner Sue.