Short on time and have a Wendy's nearby?

Options
Hey guys! I know all of us here try to keep it healthy. However, life happens and sometimes we have to settle for something quick and easy to get to. On days where I work and go to college I don't always have the time to make a delicious healthy meal in between so I take one out of a page from Men's Health.

Wendy's Small Chili and Double Stack.
580 Calories
41g Protein
48g Carbs
7g Fiber
25g Fat
1630 Sodium

Though the sodium intake is far more than I care for, this really is a great little meal. The chili is packed with protein and fiber, helping to keep me full. The Double Stack is also pretty damn tasty for a dollar burger and really subsides that occasional craving for something far worse while offering even more filling protein. I rather wish McDonald's or BK's dollar burgers were nearly as tasty or better for you and I wish they'd both offer better alternatives for sides. Wendy's is still fast food, but if you really have no choice ya can't go wrong with this winning combo :P

Men's Health also offered some restaurant alternatives for breakfast and dinner as well, so if you guys are interested I'll post those up too! I just posted this one cause its gotten me through class on a few occasions. :)

Replies

• N9oodles
    Options
    Combine myfitnesspal with the lessons from "The Seven Secrets of Slim People" and you'll accelerate your weight loss naturally. Noodles
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    One of my all time favorite standbys.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Good to know.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    FWIW, if you have nothing but a McDonald's nearby, you can get a 4 piece chicken nugget happy meal with apple dippers and chocolate milk for not too bad a hit on the calories, etc. Probably not as filling as the Wendy's option (thanks for the suggestion by the way!!), but it'll do the job for a while.

(And I must add that I detest McDonald's food, this was the only thing I could even consider!)
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I don't get a lunch break at work, so mostly have to swing through fast food on the way from one client to the next. This is a great solution!

Another good one is Chik Fil A chargrilled chicken wrap with 1/3 packet of fat free honey mustard dressing. Under 500 calories.
  • smallertopnotch
    Options
    I love Wendy’s I miss it soooo much I told myself I would not eat any bread for the next 30 days. The only thing that I really want is Wendy’s Double Stack with no pickles and onions. Thanks for the head up when I do return back to Wendy’s.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I was always fond of a wendy's small chili, side salad, and unsweetened iced tea or water. Now I want Wendy's, thanks
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    When I am in a hurry and don't have time I eat, I go to Subway or make a shake. All the fat in that chilly is about half my daily allowance. And that is not counting the burger.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    good to know. but i think if we're trying to keep it clean, which i think the most of us are... then maybe it'd be better to just get a salad from there? i mean if you're REALLY stressing about calories...

all i want is a burger.. so one day... on a cheat day... i'm going to own the crap out of a mcdonald's quarter pounder & enjoy every minute of it. i dont even care how much longer i'll have to be at the gym because of it. whatever :P
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Double stacker, no cheese, just ketchup

*homer simpson-esq foam at the mouth*
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32lbs so far, and have been eating my neighborhood Wendy's out of their 1/2 size apple pecan chicken salad at least 4 times per week when I'm at work.

I of course don't put the dressing on, but why would you want to when you have all that NUMMY blue cheese in there!
  • ChristalJo
    Options
    As someone who works for Wendy's and still loves the food... the berry almond chicken is pretty good, too. Unfortunately, it will be going away soon. However, there are many other options that are tasty. Maybe do that 1/2 apple pecan with a junior bacon. Not a bad combination, and it's on the pick 2 menu!!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    With proper planning its only an excuse to not being able to eat healthy meals. If i had no choice at all which isn't an option i'd probably go for a Subway sandwich. Forget Wendy's or KFC they are calorie bomb eateries. If Wendy's is your only option id opt for a chicken salad with VERY LITTLE dressing ie less then two tbsp, no soda pop either.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You went in "pre-informed"...good job! I haven't been to Wendy's in a while, but last time I got the small chili and a regular garden salad then dumped the chili over the garden salad and added a bit of sour cream. It was like an awesome taco salad! I've also done the same thing with the chili over their baked potato & topped it with a tablespoon of sour cream. That is awesome as well! :smile:
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    With proper planning its only an excuse to not being able to eat healthy meals. If i had no choice at all which isn't an option i'd probably go for a Subway sandwich. Forget Wendy's or KFC they are calorie bomb eateries. If Wendy's is your only option id opt for a chicken salad with VERY LITTLE dressing ie less then two tbsp, no soda pop either.

That unfortunately is not always true.
    I can tell you with work, kids, husband, cats, extra curricular activities, exercise and then all the other things that sometimes pop into my day unannounced, sometimes even the best plans can get sidetracked and/or scraped. So, it is nice to know that there are some healthier options when those things pop up.