Ugh. Again.

Options
Hi everyone, Sue here. I'm 57, happily married, retired, and living in Mexico. I'm a returning MFP user. I have regained a lot of weight. I'm not as heavy as I was the first time I used MFP, but I'm frightfully close to that. I'm not starting over because I'm feeling energized or motivated. I'm starting over because I'm miserable.

At my heaviest weight, my hips were in agony pretty much all the time. I couldn't walk, sit, or lie down comfortably. Also at that weight, I didn't fit in a lot of spaces like airplane seats or in bathroom stalls that were not handicap-accessible. Another problem I had at my heaviest weight was that despite using a pretty powerful inhaler for my mild COPD, I was frequently out of breath.

Well, guess what, sports fans? It's all coming back: the hip pain, the shortness of breath, the inability to fit plus all the other super-annoying aspects of morbid obesity. So yeah, I'm super disappointed and feeling a little defeated.

The good news, I guess, is that I am back. I'm ready to admit I need help. I'm ready to accept whatever lessons I need to learn in order to take better care of myself.

I welcome all the advice, support, suggestions, etc the MFP community has to offer. And who knows, maybe someday I can be helpful to someone else, too. But for now, I'm focused on rebuilding healthy habits around food and exercise.

Replies

• mytempleisloved
    mytempleisloved Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    AllNewSue, you sound a bit like me. I started in May lost a few pounds, then fell off the wagon. I've gained 5 lbs. since May. I need to lose 200+ pounds. I am a senior citizen and I am back today and reading everything I can to get motivated. I am retired and need accountability partners. I have learned a lot just by reading messages today. I KNOW that I cannot do this by myself. So see you in the community and as a friend hopefully. I got to learn how to be a friend first in this program. I will log everything, accept my mess-ups, and log them too. Get my "Sit and Be Fit" DVD and start...if only 15 minutes at a time. My best to you.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I get it - I had gotten rid of almost 50 pounds... and now I'm trying to lose the 20 I just gained in what seemed like a wink of an eye compared to the time it took me to lose it. Ugh is right.