Hi, Im new here and need some help/opinions.

Options
I recently (about a month more or less) started a new “kind” of training.

More weight less cardio.

For the last couple of years I’ve been obsessed with my cardio, the more the better. I would stay HOURS at the gym when I had the time just walking and running on the treadmill.

After months my PT finally convinced me to do just 30 minutes of intense cardio. And I have never hated my body more than I do know.

My shoulders and back look so broad my legs look bulky; I feel like I don't look feminine ( im about to cry just writing this).

Is this is normal because It’s a new training, and my body hasn't gotten used to it? And it will size down with time, that’s what my PT keeps saying but in his opinion I look good, so he dosent see the problem that I do.

Ps. English isn't my first Language so sorry for any misspelled words or grammatical errors.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    and
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Without 'before and after' photos, we really can't say anything.

however, I find it highly unlikely that in a few months time, you are looking 'broad and bulky'. In your mind, and in the mirror, this might be what you are seeing, just as in MY mind and mirror, I see someone who is much larger than I ACTUALLY am.

What the reality for you is that there is probably more muscle definition, which you are not USED to seeing. I imagine your trainer is probably correct, and that we would see the same thing they do. A strong, healthy woman.

Your mind will probably 'catch up' with your body in time.
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Options

More weight less cardio.

For the last couple of years I’ve been obsessed with my cardio, the more the better. I would stay HOURS at the gym when I had the time just walking and running on the treadmill.

After months my PT finally convinced me to do just 30 minutes of intense cardio. And I have never hated my body more than I do know.

My shoulders and back look so broad my legs look bulky; I feel like I don't look feminine ( im about to cry just writing this).

Is this is normal because It’s a new training, and my body hasn't gotten used to it? And it will size down with time, that’s what my PT keeps saying but in his opinion I look good, so he dosent see the problem that I do.

Ps. English isn't my first Language so sorry for any misspelled words or grammatical errors.

You mention walking and running, but nothing else. I am not sure how those things can have affected your shoulders and back? do you do weight training with your PT?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

More weight less cardio.

You mention walking and running, but nothing else. I am not sure how those things can have affected your shoulders and back? do you do weight training with your PT?

i assume OP is doing weight training with PT. if not, ive got nothing. reducing cardio with no other changes would have no affect, other than possible overall weight GAIN (not muscle), depending on calorie intake.

good question though, I just assumed weight/strength training had been added in.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

More weight less cardio.

I think what's going on is that your eyes are deceiving you. Did you take measurements before you started strength training?

I used to think my biceps were bigger, but the tape measure showed they were in fact smaller, as I was losing weight. I think I was just more conscious of my arms after starting to lift weights again.

I'd be very impressed with your trainer and you if you've actually managed to get a "pump" happening, but just to be on the safe side, you can avoid looking in the mirror for at least three hours after training.

https://legionathletics.com/muscle-pump/