Hello!

Options
Hello everyone! I just want to introduce myself, partially because I know if I do it will motivate me to keep up with my goal to really use MFP! I am 21 years old and have gained 15 pounds since entering college. I have a weak heart and weak knees, and know that if I want to live as long as my great-grandmother did I have to get in shape. I'm not aiming to lose the full 15 pounds I've gained, I figure a little weight gain from high school is probably healthy, but I would really like to lose eight pounds to get back to a healthy weight for me.

I am looking for tips on how to incorporate exercise and healthy eating into a very tight schedule, so I look forward to reading what you all have to say on the message boards!

Replies

• mkvb123
    mkvb123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just want to introduce myself, partially because I know if I do it will motivate me to keep up with my goal to really use MFP! I am 21 years old and have gained 15 pounds since entering college. I have a weak heart and weak knees, and know that if I want to live as long as my great-grandmother did I have to get in shape. I'm not aiming to lose the full 15 pounds I've gained, I figure a little weight gain from high school is probably healthy, but I would really like to lose eight pounds to get back to a healthy weight for me.

I am looking for tips on how to incorporate exercise and healthy eating into a very tight schedule, so I look forward to reading what you all have to say on the message boards!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Well WELCOME! I'm sure you'll love this website, it's great! GOOD LUCK!

~Leash
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome!
    Second. Best success in your fitness goals!
    I am in school as well, getting a Master's degree, so I know all about time issues! There just are weeks now and then when it piles up too much for me to do much exercise at all, but I don't beat myself up about it. Instead, when I do get the time, I savor the chance to be away from the books for awhile. (PS - whatcha studying?)
    Some of my tricks are: eat healthy even if it's on the go. I pack good snacks (nuts, pre-cut celery sticks from Trader Joes, apple, etc) in my backpack as well as a liter water bottle.
    Put in even 2 minute exercise bursts when possible, as much as I can. I'll finish one assignment, do 50 sit-ups, then start the next assignment. I do 5 minutes of stretching right before and after bed (most days). But using MFP regularly, even though I miss a day from time to time, and the supportive people here, has been a huge help.
    Lastly, losing 10 pounds can take longer than losing 100, it seems, so don't give up. I started out to lose 10 in August, and still have 4 to go. The important thing is to keep at it and keep striving for a healthy lifestyle.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: