How long did it take you to lose a stone /14lbs?

Replies

• spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    3 months. That was back in Spring 2020 and I have lost more since and haven't put any back on. I think it's best to do it slowly.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,090 Member
    It took me 3 months to lose the first stone and a year for the last stone (68 lbs lost so far in total).
    I'm really patient 😉 I prefer slow weight loss, less hunger that way.
  • Turtlemummy
    Turtlemummy Posts: 71 Member
    6 weeks to lose a stone, rigidly logging food and lots of cardio exercise. Another half stone to go, but I'm upping my calorie allowance now, since I think I was losing too fast despite eating back all exercise calories and sticking to MFP's recommendations. I'm expecting that final half stone to take at least 6, if not 8 weeks, and that's fine.
  • RogerBush3
    RogerBush3 Posts: 3 Member
    About 60 days and I've been stuck there for 12 more.
  • 2 months and 25 days
  • I forgot to mention.. I exercised for 5hrs or a little over each week. Diet Calories were1,440 per day. Again it took me about 3M/85days to lose 14lbs.
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    It happened in the first month, but I started at 280lbs and am 5ft 7 1/2in. I hear it comes off a little easier the bigger you are. I didn't start with a strict diet. Mindful eating, and for me cutting out alcohol was a huge difference. Even still if I make it a habit to have a beer before bed, I find my weight won't budge no matter how active I was or how well my calories worked out in all other ways.
  • jonathanrtaylor
    jonathanrtaylor Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2021
    15 days, although some of the initial loss was probably water retention.

I eat roughly 1200 cal a day (1700ish is my recommended amount on here to lose1kg per week), except Friday's and Saturdays when I probably consume 2000 per day. Also swim 3 hours a week. I'm currently losing about 1.8 kg per week.
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    It took me a about 8.5-9 weeks. That was an average rate of about 1.6 pounds per week, which was in the 1-2 pound window I was going for.
  • wornoutmamabear
    wornoutmamabear Posts: 29 Member
    It took me about a month and a half for the first stone and about two months for the second. I’m not really exercising other than focusing on a moderate amount of steps throughout the day. I know that weight loss through exercise isn’t sustainable for me personally, so I’m focusing mostly on the calorie deficit instead.
  • helen79uk
    helen79uk Posts: 62 Member
    It took me 3 weeks to lose my first stone (14lbs)
    I am 5'8 and started at 16st 7lbs (231lbs)
    My daily calorie intake has been between 1200-1500 calories. Cutting out on unhealthy snacks, reducing my alcohol intake and doing batch cooking has helped significantly.
    I'm doing a 5-8 mile walk once a week and not (yet) exercising regularly other than normal housework and gardening.
    I am still losing at the same rate 4 weeks in to this journey, but I am expecting it to slow down soon.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited September 2021
    It took me two months to lose my first stone, from 13 stone 13 lbs to 12 stone 13 lbs. It then took me another five months to lost the next stone to 11 stone 13 lbs, which landed me pretty much at my goal weight. I maintained there for about seven months but I'm up about 5 lbs again now, though, and and currently deciding whether to maintain at this weight or to lose about 7lbs.

For me diet is key - I ate at the deficit mfp calculated for me, which was pretty much spot on - but I also increased my exercise and ate back my exercsie calories.

How long it takes to lose a particular amount does depend quite a lot on where you are in your weightloss journey. As others have already said, the rate of loss tends to slow down a lot as you get closer to your goal.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    edited September 2021
    I lost 25 pounds in the first 5 weeks (went from 225 to 200); it's slowed after that and has been a pretty steady 2-2.5 pounds per week since (but I have to exercise more to keep this rate up!) and now I weigh 148.4.
  • Tito_Tim
    Tito_Tim Posts: 72 Member
    My first 10 kilos took barely a month. I was just starting and the simple things like cutting out 2 liters of regular coke a day was a ton of calories. Any walking I did was more than I was doing. The initial weight loss came very fast and very easy.

The 2nd 10 kilos took over 2 months. Then I got completely stuck for 3 months... 😎
  • It’s taken me almost three weeks to lose 13lbs, but I’m starting much higher than you, I started at 322lbs and am currently 309lbs this morning. I eat around 1500 calories most days and then mix it up with one day at 1000calories each week. It’s working so far and I’m not feeling at all hungry which is great! I am drinking at least 3 litres of water a day though!
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    28 days - from 105 to 98kg
    intermittent fasting 16:8
    Logging everything, Targeting 1200 cal , eating back exercise.
    Increased my protein Intake.
  • gentle_sir_hulk
    gentle_sir_hulk Posts: 52 Member
    I lost 40lb in around 100 days ... the first stone was probably a month. I think a good schedule is 1 - 2 lb per week. It will not be constant, so the main thing is not to get frustrated!
  • JamesyPaylor
    JamesyPaylor Posts: 13 Member
    Do you have a local parkrun? I've recently joined my local one, and it has made an incredible difference to my weight loss and fitness.

For me, sticking loosely to a 1,500 calorie goal and going to the gym each morning has helped me lose a stone in just a month. Parkrun really helped though, feeling a big difference since I started it.
  • jackielovett
    jackielovett Posts: 2 Member
    It has taken me about 2 months. I do a 16:8 intermittent fasting. During my eating time I stay within 1200 calories. I have also gone gluten free. My exercise comes from the work I do around our property with the horses and such totalling about 1 or 2 hours cardio and lifting weight. I has been good so far, I have about 20 more lbs to go so we will see how long that takes.
  • jcharris9263
    jcharris9263 Posts: 10 Member
    I have lost over 80 so far over the past 18 months. The first week I lost 13, then 8, and it is consistent at @ 2-3 since each week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!