How much can I expect to lose each week if...?

Options
I set it to lose 0.25kg, 0.5kg or 1kg? is it accurate?

My weight is currently 115.5kg. Will I lose weight faster because my weight is higher, or only if I set it to lose 1kg? I think the calorie loss is too aggressive, but I really want to lose 5kg by my birthday in mid October.

Thanks

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Set it at a comfortable level you will be able to keep up. 0.5 kg seems like a good choice, 1 kg is likely a bit steep if you're not exceptionally active (I remember I had it set to about 0.5-0.6 kg when I weighed 116. How much you actually lose will depend on many factors like how accurately you count your calories, how accurately you estimate your activity level, how your individual body handles calories, if there is any water retention for any reason like exercise or sodium...etc. Usually, 6 weeks is enough to learn how much weight loss you average a week. If after several weeks you're averaging higher than 0.5 kg a week, then you have room to eat a little bit more. If you're averaging lower, then you have a choice to either lower your calories a bit or accept the slightly lower rate of weight loss.
  • neffyworld
    neffyworld Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My weight went from 117.5kg to 114.2kg in the first week with my loss set to .5kg (but I was overestimating some of the calories in my food because I didn't know how much I was eating), and this second week my weight is stuck at 115.5kg.

I've been trying to walk everyday, 10,000 steps most days, a few days off, and did 20,000 steps for three days in a row. I had today off because I felt like I needed a rest, but I struggled to stay within my calories (had weightloss set to 1kg).
  • neffyworld
    Options
    I'm using a fitbit to track my steps.
  • neffyworld
    Options
    I've cut my walking back to one hour per day and set my loss to 0.25kg a week. Not very excited about it. Hoping the weight comes off a bit faster in the beginning.