COFFEE!!

Options
13»

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Reason: If I drink it people around me are more likely to live longer, happier lives! Plus I just love the stuff.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I love coffee! I drink it black, I love the flavor and I use it for "medicinal purposes" when I get a headache.
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yay! I must have a cup in the morning.. hazelnut flavor, splash of skim milk with 1 teaspoon full of sugar in the raw. It's a treat in the AM. I count my drinking calories and it only equals to like 20-30 calories. It's well worth it! =-)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I love the coffee...

I'm in the military, and that is a very popular beverage. I like mine strong and black!

I drink numerous cups of coffee nearly every day that are strong and black, and mabye a couple of times a month I'll head to the local Starbucks and splurge on a fufu coffee. Today I actually got a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte. I was surprised when I saw that the numbers for that particular beverage are not toooo bad.

Gotta have the coffee though!
    I'm almost positive that somewhere in all of that enlistment paperwork anyone in the Navy is required to drink coffee. I don't care if it's 100 degrees out, I'll still drink the stuff, hot or cold.
    Anyway, I'm a fan.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee! I can't drink it black yet but I've gotten so I love it with a Tablespoon of dark chocolate almond milk (it's only about 13 calories) :drinker:

They make it in Dark Chocolate too?! What brand of almond milk is it and which store do you buy it at?

I used to drink Starbucks coffees. Black and white mocha or a mocha with a shot of raspberry when it is cool, a java chip frappaccino (sp?) when its hot. I've gotten to where I feel fuzzy headed when I drink their espresso though so now its good ol' instant for me. I add 2-3 packets of stevia and a measured tablespoon of creamer. I love flavored creamers. I'm currently enjoying Cinnamon Vanilla and Vanilla Caramel.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I have some bad news everyone. I spilled a tiny amount of my coffee about 5 minutes ago. Now the coffee stain is mixing with my tears...
    Hahahah :laugh: oh... I shouldn't laugh, that really is sad :sad:

I had to answer a few questions today, one was "Do you have a history of alcohol abuse?" My answer, "I spilled some beer once."
  • RunnerPrincess
    Options
    Touch my coffee and I will hurt you lol

I hear ya! :laugh:
  • Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My coffee is non-negotiable, too. And, I choose to drink it the way I like it. I cut corners elsewhere.

Cream and sugar has a lot of calories- bit I find ways to make up for it during the day. If you listen to the "experts" it sounds to me like a cup of coffee, a glass of wine, and a piece of dark chocolate everyday will make you immortal!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I love my coffee! I can't drink it black yet but I've gotten so I love it with a Tablespoon of dark chocolate almond milk (it's only about 13 calories) :drinker:

They make it in Dark Chocolate too?! What brand of almond milk is it and which store do you buy it at?

I used to drink Starbucks coffees. Black and white mocha or a mocha with a shot of raspberry when it is cool, a java chip frappaccino (sp?) when its hot. I've gotten to where I feel fuzzy headed when I drink their espresso though so now its good ol' instant for me. I add 2-3 packets of stevia and a measured tablespoon of creamer. I love flavored creamers. I'm currently enjoying Cinnamon Vanilla and Vanilla Caramel.
    It's Silk Pure Almond, they have 3 flavors that I know of...unflavored, vanilla, and dark chocolate. I LOVE the dark chocolate :drinker:
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Thanks med79!
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    To all you fellow coffee lovers, especially for the ones who enjoy coffee on the go; http://www.keepcup.com/ is the best for reusable coffee cups. They are perfect size, the design is very pretty and you can choose your colours yourself! Every time I get my coffee I get asked where I've gotten my KeepCup.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Coffee :heart:
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I drink it. I am a little addicted. Before I started looking at how many calories were in things, I used to pick up a latte or even a caramel latte ( shock horror!) on the way to work. These days I just have coffee with a little skimmed or semi-skimmed milk and no sugar.
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    coffee itself is not bad for you, its like other said the heavy creams and sugars are what does the harm, i use black coffee for my protein shakes instead of milk or water, i use the chocolate protein powder and coffee makes it taste great and the caffeine does help circulation and metabalism i think, but thats my personal experience with it and everyone reacts to stimulants differently
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can give up a heck of a lot of calories, but coffee is non-negotiable! :drinker:
    However, I have given up my beloved CoffeeMate Double Double for regular sugar and milk. I've thought about weaning myself to black, but am not committed to it yet.

I hear you! I finally gave up my sugar and half n half for sugar free French Vanilla powdered non-dairy creamer. That's as far as I can go since black coffee is not for me!!
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    I will defend my morning 6 cups of black coffee through violent means.

You will take my coffee from my cold dead hands, and not before!

<3 Coffee