Dahn Yoga

Options
Does anyone on MFP know anything or practice Dahn Yoga? I had a private consultation tonight and am looking for more information and opinions.

Thanks!

Replies

• hloftin32
    hloftin32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think the class I take is mostly vinyasa and ashtanga. Bump to know more!
  • kritty123
    Options
    bump to see if anyone else can help you :flowerforyou:
  • ewejewel
    ewejewel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do Hatha Yoga, which is a gentle stretching but has many substitutions to make it more challenging.....
    I am curious to hear about Dahn Yoga.... I am also looking into zero gravity yoga were you are suspended in the air (not high up, but enough to use your own weight as a counter weight...less impact on joints but all the benefits)
  • cownancy
    Options
    I have a "text book" about it, so I can add some information myself, but was hoping to find someone who had experience with it. I can tell you that it is based on "Brain Wave Vibration" and believes that if you take care of your brain, everything else will heal itself from there. It's sort of starting Qi flow brain down. It is very gentle for beginners and I kind of thought it was a big easy, hokey, but HOLY MOLY (as someone said on another thread) I have more energy today than I have had in a long time! I'm still not ready to run a marathon (Chronic Fatigue) but I am very positive and feel happy and good and it's been a LOOOONG time when all of these things have come together like this for me!

So, when I learn more, I'll post...
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    I do whatever yoga they are running that night. All yoga is amazing!