Help cant cook, any good sites?

Options
Hello trying to get fit but living on takeaways aint really helping and kind of contradicts my efforts at the gym, would like to learn how to cook healthy homecooked meals, but all the recipe websites seem to be for expert chefs, anyone know of decent basic cooking site much apreciated. I am doing the three peak challenge next year for charity so really have to sort my fitness out.

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com has some pretty easy recipes. Just check nutrition info as not all of them are good for you (they have a healthy eating section, though)

Sparkrecipes.com
  • BossSauce69
    Options
    I don't know any specific sites, so I'm not much help there. However, what I've done is learn how to cook, not make recipes. If you figure out how to make a few healthy dishes, it goes a long way. I've made a lot of low calorie meals in a crock pot because it is so simple and hard to mess up. I'd look into getting one of those. In addition, if you focus on getting good, fresh ingredients and using good seasoning, it goes a long way toward making your food taste better. If you learn what foods are healthy/low calorie, taste good and you've got a few different ways to cook them, you'll be sitting pretty.
  • Rdhdez
    Options
    When I am stuck and want to try something different but healthy I go to prevention.com and search for their recipes. They even have some of the Biggest Loser recipes. Also weight watchers gives you access to some of their recipes. Just a thought.!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Also there are recipes on the pound for pound challenge from the biggest loser, and there's a healthy section on allrecipes.com
  • HairdressersWife
    Options
    http://www.4ingredients.com.au/recipes_4_you <<theres a few easy recipes here.

www.taste.com.au ...is also pretty good

And Subway with wholegrain bread, turkey and salad is a very good take away choice.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i have recently fell in love with cooking light magazine and they do have a website, great sections on quick healthy low cal meals
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • joditenzer
    Options
    I've been using Cooking Light mags for recipes every day this week, and they come out incredible, they're easy, and all the recipes are in the food database here, so you do not need to figure out the nutritional info.
  • joditenzer
    Options
    amfaery- we're apparently on the same brain wavelength...I posted without seeing your post... CL is awesome :)
  • missalicia78
    Options
    skinnytaste.com

I love Skinny Taste! There is also hungrygirl.com. LOTS of good resources there.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha when I saw "help can't cook," I thought AMEN! I'm a horrible cook.
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Try my healthy cooking blog!

sophiessweeties.onsugar.com
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    deliciousmagazine.co.uk - search recipes by diet considerations e.g low cal, low carb, low salt etc. also has sections on How To basics such as sauces, breads etc.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    http://www.homemadeisbest.com/

It's actually a podcast with a website. They discuss cooking basics, nutrition, etc.
    One of the hosts is Russ Turley from fat2fitradio.com.
  • wandaxpcw
    Options
    Via i-tunes Jamies's Ministry of Food by Jamie Oliver gives great instructions for homecooking easy recipes.
    You can also find them (and more) on his website http://www.jamieoliver.com/
    Also he has got a website called 'home cooking skils" http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/
  • petejm2000
    Options
    Thank you everyone,
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I cannot cook AT ALL and have no desire to learn either! I use skinny crockpot, a page on facebook. I put the ingredients in the crock at night and refrigerate then stick it in the pot and in the morning. When we get home from work there is a healthy meal waiting for us and usually some leftovers for work. It has helped us not to grab food on the run since there really isnt time to cook anyway. Hope this helps!
  • mishelsblessed
    mishelsblessed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi variety is important or else we'll get off track.. I suggest you go to www.thinklight.com 15-20 min to prepare and people like us that don't cook its awesome.. and the recipes are awesome!!

And If you need any vitamins, Greens etc.. that are good and whole food natural products. go to www.askmishel.itworks.net if you need my help or have any questions just email me have a Blessed day!
  • wandaxpcw
    Options
    I use skinny crockpot, a page on facebook.

Trying to find the facebook page and can't find it. You're sure of the name?