Rocky Horror?

Options
Hello y'all and a good Thursday morning to you!

(Thank goodness, for me, it is Friday!)

Anyway...not sure if this is an NSV or not. Every year, a few girls that I worked with have a Rocky Horror themed party for Halloween. I have NEVER been to one. Although I have never seen the movie, I get it....it is definitely "lingerie-based."

For the first time, I am thinking about going. I've lost the weight, but the only thing stopping me right now is the arm and thigh flab. I suppose for the legs, if I wear regular panty hose under the lingerie, it will keep the flab and cellulite from swinging around with every step. There isn't much I can do about the arms, as I am still trying to accept that, well, there isn't much I can do about the arms.

Okay folks! You've seen the profile pix. Should I do it...or should I wear my hoody-footy and cover everything???

Be honest. I can take it.

Replies

• JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    You've worked hard for that body! You deserve to be proud and show it off! You'll be with friends and have good time, I say go for it! :)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    That is one of my favorite movies. I say go for it. It sounds really fun.
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do it, and wear a light sweater or bolero jacket so you feel more comfortable...you don't have to show it all if you don't want to just because it's a Rocky horror party.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Do it, and wear a light sweater or bolero jacket so you feel more comfortable...you don't have to show it all if you don't want to just because it's a Rocky horror party.

The bolero jacket is a great idea
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You should definitely go, but you should also see the film, it's fantastic! If you are really worried about your arms, wear a lab coat over your costume, it's totally in keeping with the film. Otherwise, just go, and have a totally fab time :o)
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Go as Magenta - there is a range of outfits for Magenta. Show your 'girls' and legs and you could wear a short jacket as suggested.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the rocky horror showings all the time when I was super fat! I was dressed as magenta everytime and it didnt matter how big you were. Trust me people at these showings and parties do not care how you look! It is all about the movie and acting it out. So much fun!
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    no one but you is seeing the "flaws" everyone else is seeing your hard work. go. have fun.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love Rocky Horror!!!

I used to go all the time back in the late 80's early 90's SUCH great fun!!!!

Go and rock it out. NO one is looking as hard at you as you look at yourself. Enjoy sweets!!
  • statia152
    Options
    no one but you is seeing the "flaws" everyone else is seeing your hard work. go. have fun.

This is so true! Show off your new body.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Go! But see the movie first :) one of my favorites. I actually qoute it on my profile lol
  • tagmd
    Options
    Search images of the movie for the character named Magenta - she wears something with a bit of a sleeve if I remember right.

Or search images of the movie's entire cast - maybe you'll find a look that dares and inspires you.

No matter what, you should go - this is the only life you get.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i would recommend watching the film, because to me its not lingerie based, i would expect the men to be in corsets etc, but the women not so much, more hotpants and a sequinned top tbh, one of the characters actually wears a maids outfit which you might feel more comfortable in, i would definitely watch the film or google images from it as i'm sure we can all agree there are different types of lingerie
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    You can go as the maid her costume had sleeves or you can go as this one her costume had a jacket.
    columbia-the-rocky-horror-picture-show-11194568-333-465.jpg
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you take me, I'll dress as rocky.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This thread was great when it all began..
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be asking about the calories in toast. :wink:
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be asking about the calories in toast. :wink:

Haha....

Another thought - go as Janet! :) That is what I would do - but then, that is me.

I do like the idea of the lab coat...that was an excellent suggestion!
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The whole point of Rocky Horror is to be shameless. So, go forth and be shameless!! :)
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't dream it, be it!!

The Rocky stage is one of the few places I could be confident and accepted at ANY size, I say DO IT! As long as you feel sexy and confident, anything goes!!