Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, what is your question?
  • yankyfan76
    yankyfan76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I type in a salad mix like the bag one it’s like 1 1/2 cups but it’s like 5 calories and tomatoes for 1 medium Roma it’s like 11 aren’t veggies free of calories
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    yankyfan76 wrote: »
    When I type in a salad mix like the bag one it’s like 1 1/2 cups but it’s like 5 calories and tomatoes for 1 medium Roma it’s like 11 aren’t veggies free of calories

No...veggies aren't free of calories. This isn't WW. Veggies have calories...many are low calorie, but they have calories. Anything you eat has calories. The only thing that is really calorie free is water.
  • yankyfan76
    Options
    Thank ya I got to get away from the we mind lol thanks for your help everyone
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    yankyfan76 wrote: »
    Thank ya I got to get away from the we mind lol thanks for your help everyone

WW uses a point system that doesn't correlate to actual calories. They make veggies and some fruit free to encourage people to eat them more...and yes, many are very low calorie. But they compensate for that by inflating the points of other foods as well as manipulating your total points allowed.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with WW, but it's not a 1:1 to actual calories in foods. I had a "green smoothie" this morning for breakfast. Even if I eliminate the oat milk and the 1/2 avocado and chia seeds I put in it, it would still come out to 130 calories per serving (serves 2) with the veg and fruit that are in it.
  • yankyfan76
    Options
    Thank you I want to be totally accountable for what I eat
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I've heard this "free food" term used a lot. I can see where it would be confusing.