TEMPTATION IS.....

Options
...Standing at the walk up window of your favorite BBQ joint... Success is.....walking away with nothing but iced tea! :)

#14downandcounting

Replies

• LakeCountyDiver
    LakeCountyDiver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What don't you like about BBQ?
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    cheese enchiladas-MY cheese enchiladas, I have NO control, zero, nada, zip!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Fresh Spring Rolls... I kid you not!!🤣
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    tammigates wrote: »
    ...Standing at the walk up window of your favorite BBQ joint... Success is.....walking away with nothing but iced tea! :)

#14downandcounting

At #14 down it appears you’re still settling into the habits.
    And yes, it was a good practice run that you evaluated your particular situation and walked away.

Next up? Plan for a ribs day.
    Figure out, ball park, how many calories are in one of those plates - iced tea included - and plan for it. Really treat yourself while remaining on your plan.

You can definitely do it.

I’ve done it. I’ve had some delicious barbecue garlic ribs a few times since starting this journey. Logged it. Kept on going.

#I’llSeeYour14and RaiseYou70DownAnd counting

Two disagree here.
    Why? I don’t see what anyone could disagree with.

I am genuinely curious.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

#14downandcounting

And yes, it was a good practice run that you evaluated your particular situation and walked away.

Figure out, ball park, how many calories are in one of those plates - iced tea included - and plan for it. Really treat yourself while remaining on your plan.

I’ve done it. I’ve had some delicious barbecue garlic ribs a few times since starting this journey. Logged it. Kept on going.

Two disagree here.

I am genuinely curious.

I'm a moderator by psychology, too and I'm not one of your disagreers. I had a 1000 calorie sandwich yesterday and regret 0 of it (60down and counting, and now at a 21ish BMI), but.

Some people really, really have to abstain from things rather than just moderate their access to them.

I'm hoping the disagrees are the result of that and not general 'if you're going to lose weight you eat nothing but rabbit food forever'.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

#14downandcounting

Two disagree here.

I am genuinely curious.

I'm a moderator by psychology, too and I'm not one of your disagreers. I had a 1000 calorie sandwich yesterday and regret 0 of it (60down and counting, and now at a 21ish BMI), but.

Some people really, really have to abstain from things rather than just moderate their access to them.

I'm hoping the disagrees are the result of that and not general 'if you're going to lose weight you eat nothing but rabbit food forever'.

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

And ditto. “If you have to lose weight eat rabbit food” is the idea I’m trying to counter here. But yes. I will admit there is still one food I don’t trust myself with: Peanut butter M&M’s. I swear those things are made of crack.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options

#14downandcounting

Two disagree here.

I am genuinely curious.

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

And ditto. “If you have to lose weight eat rabbit food” is the idea I’m trying to counter here. But yes. I will admit there is still one food I don’t trust myself with: Peanut butter M&M’s. I swear those things are made of crack.

LOL When I was a teen walking around the mall (which gives away my age) I was approached to be part of the initial test market research for a new product: peanut butter M &M's. After that, those WERE like crack to me for a long time, and then mini Cadbury eggs!