I’m back too!

Options
vrb43
vrb43 Posts: 2 Member
I am 58 and I have been on My Fitness off and on for years. I have to get serious and lose weight. Metabolism shutdown on me and I need to lose 50 lbs! Not easy like it used to be. Lots of new things on My Fitness and I am going to try them out. I spread my weight loss out to March 1 for a realistic 30 lb loss to get to 199 lbs for my first goal. I’m not gonna lose it in a month!!!

Replies

• awknits
    awknits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also 58, stepped on the scale this morning, it keeps going up and up. I've been on prednisone over 8 months now and the weight gains is horrible, but I just keep eating. I'm still relatively active considering the prednisone is for autoimmune conditions that cause pain. And I'm back as of this morning. I'd like to lose 40 lbs, but I need to focus on the number just going down at this point.
  • mourvedre
    mourvedre Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,005 Member
    Options
    Wishing both of much success :)
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I am just starting again as well. I've been logging for about 3 weeks now, but just really got serious about it two weeks ago. Weekends are my downfall. I'm taking my goals in steps, meaning my first goal is to lose 10 pounds, and then I'll see how I feel about it. It's not a lot of weight, but it's not easy to get off.
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello All. Wishing you all the best. I just turned 50 this year. I am at my highest weight. I have been on and off of My Fitness Pal. Figured I'd try it again. I just decided it's time for me to try again. Sweets are my downfall. Like awknits, I do well during the week while I'm at work; but on the weekends it seems to be harder to stay on track and stay focused.
  • awknits
    awknits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Two days down with tracking, I don't usually make it through day one. Brought Mexican takeout last night when visiting kids/grandkids and instead I brought my own black bean soup and bread to eat. It's getting through those first few days which is hard at first.
  • mourvedre
    mourvedre Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    awknits wrote: »
    Two days down with tracking, I don't usually make it through day one. Brought Mexican takeout last night when visiting kids/grandkids and instead I brought my own black bean soup and bread to eat. It's getting through those first few days which is hard at first.

Great will power at the Mexican restaurant. Hang in there!! 💪