I'm new and excited!

Options
Hi! I just started with MFP, getting used to the site and tracking and ATTEMPTING to stay near the calorie range I'm supposed to be in. I need to lose roughly 150 lbs, so it's going to be a long journey.

I tracked my first day, every single thing I ate yesterday, and came to 4000 CALORIES! I nearly had a heart attack when it said if I eat this way every day I would actually gain 14 lbs in 5 weeks! (I did eat a little more than usual yesterday). Today I have logged everything I plan on eating today, and it comes to 2020. My target is 1740, so I'm not that far off for my real first day. I hope at least.

I have succeeded and failed miserably with Weight Watchers several times, and had a few friend have real success using this site. After seeing my 4000 calories yesterday, I can definitely say that was a wayyyyyyy bigger eye opener than WW ever was for me. It works for some people but I didn't have the discipline to stay on it.

I hope this works better for me, and I will definitely need your help! Wish me luck.

Jenn

Replies

• kristizzzle
    Options
    Good luck!!

I am looking for friends on MFP for support as well!
  • mariavreynolds
    Options
    Best of luck, i am new too! :)
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will love it here. I am back on the wagon again after a few months of silliness. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will support you as much as I can!
  • I'm new on here too! Anyone needing or willing to give support add me! :)
  • Ragsdales6703
    Ragsdales6703 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • mdfishinggirl
    Options
    I am new as well. Every journey starts with the first step...and you have taken it! You can do it! So far, this site has been a HUGE help. Add me as a friend it you want. I can use the motivation as well! GOOD LUCK!
  • moon_light10
    Options
    Good luck
    I'm new here as well
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi this is a great site and you will get lots of help & support here.
    I also used to do ww until I found mfp. Feel free to add me as a friend for support & motivation.
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • AudrasAlly
    Options
    I am new too! Good luck to everyone, let's get off to a great start.

I'm on my second day-and headed to the gym this afternoon. I was within my calorie limit yesterday, and was excited to see that with exercise, you're allowed more food. Not a bad thing. :)

Friend me and let's do this together!

Audra
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Ok, but how do I add people? LOLOLOL
  • moon_light10
    Options
    Ok, but how do I add people? LOLOLOL

click on there name, new screen opens, click where it says add friend
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

It really is an eye opener when you see in your food tracker how many calories you ate in a day.

Mine is 1200. So what I do is to check the day before what I am gonna be eating and doing changes so it fits with the calories I am supposed to eat everyday. I usually have the same breakfast or dinner, and change what I have for lunch.

Remember is all about eating healthy, including vegetables, meat/poultry, nuts, simple carbohydrates, fruits, etc.

And good luck on this new journey. If you need more friends don't hesitate to add me :)
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Thanks everyone!