FOOD LOG ?

Options
Good morning!
I do not have a smart phone therefore I don't have the MFP application....so I was wondering when do all of you log your food? At night, the day before, do you write in your journal and log it later??? Thanks! :-)

Replies

• marquesajen
    Options
    I use a computer at one of my jobs so I log while there, or if I am packing a lunch I log it in the morning with my breakfast, then do my dinner at home. Keep a piece of paper on you to scribble it down if it helps :)
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I log it as I eat it, but I do have the app on my andriod. If I didn't have it, I think I'd try my best to just try to get on the computer quickly as I eat. I think it's easier to make sure you're on track for the rest of the day if you log as you eat. I'd be afraid I'd end up eating too much early on so I can make sure I have enough cals left over for the later part of the day.
  • john2955
    Options
    i'm a picky eater so I tend to eat the same things over and over again so I have an idea of how any calories are in the foods that i eat
  • If I am home, I log it right after I am done eating. If I know what I will have for lunch or dinner, I will log it in the morning. Then I sorta feel like I have to stick to it more, because it is logged. Otherwise, I just log it all throughout the day and at the end of the night.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I log my breakfast and dinner from the night before when I get to work. I log lunch and afternoon snacks as I eat them. I usually don't log anything after I get home from work until the next morning. I'm on the computer all day long for work, so when I get home I don't log on most days.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I do have the app on my smart phone and log it when I eat it but the days prior to MFP I logged everything in a little notebook in my purse right when I ate it. If you wait until the end of the day sometimes you are not as accountable and don't remember everything exactly. When I don't have time to log it that minute I take a picture of it to log it exactly later.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I log from a computer either first thing in the morning or the night before, so my entire day is planned out. I have a smart phone but I didn't download the app and I never will.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The day before, often I log several days in advance at about 1000-1100 calories then make some minor additions depending on what I have on hand, what and when I'm craving and how hard I workout.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat because I do have a smart phone or access to a computer 90% of the time. If I'm out I either save the wrappers or write down what I've eaten and log it as soon as I come in contact with cell phone reception or a computer. :-)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I pre log when possible if I'm going to be away from my computer all day.

When that isn't possible (going out to lunch at an unfamiliar place or have a business lunch where I don't know what will be served) - I do write it down on paper (before I had the android app and even sometimes now because it's quicker). It's just too easy to forget every BLT (bite, lick taste) if you don't write it down as it happens. I forgot to log a whole 200 calorie cookie the other day and woke up in the middle night in a panic about it --- I know I'm a bit obsessive.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I log from a computer either first thing in the morning or the night before, so my entire day is planned out. I have a smart phone but I didn't download the app and I never will.

REALLY? My hubby and I don't even own cell phones, I'm still protesting the need for them but I received my bother in laws hand-me-down ipone from 2003 about a year ago just to play with this app and the rare jewel game on my commute to work (train) and I adore having MFP to play with everywhere I go. It's a big part of why I have my entire week planned out in advance!