Breakfast.

Options
In my family we have always done some true southern breakfast which i cant have anymore.(ex. chocolate gravy and or homemade white gravy made with lots of butter and some sausage and bacon with some eggs cooked in the bacon fat. i know rediculous.) so as you can see idk what to eat for breakfast anymore. what do yall eat?

Replies

• sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    `Cereals, fruit, low fat yoghurts... that kind of thing :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Oh, dear. Now that you've mentioned white gravy, I'm craving it right now.

I usually have a protein shake with almond milk, peanut butter, and Genisoy protein powder. It's actually incredibly filling. I have a juicer, so sometimes I will make juice in the morning and drink that. I used to make oatmeal with brown sugar, almond milk, and slices of banana and blueberries. Pretty simple.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Just Google "healthy breakfast." Sauces and gravy are killers at every meal. Fruit, whole wheat bakery products, high fiber cereal, yogurt, eggs, nuts and even turkey sausage links or bacon can all help you have a tasty meal to get your day started.

Good luck.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    chocolate gravy! drools.

I have yogurt and fruit, or an english muffin with peanut butter. Recently I got some cereal and add that to my yogurt and berries too. A while ago i was on an oatmeal kick too.

on the weekends I'll have poached eggs and toast, sometimes throw in bacon too. Or w'ell have pancakes. So I save the weekends for those treat breakfasts but still stay within my limits.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I try and have 4 egg whites, some turkey bacon or sausage, and a bagel or bagel-thin with sugar free fruit spread.

If I'm in a rush I'll mix up some chocolate shakeology with fruit and almond milk.
  • SaraBoyt
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Sorry i got you craving, i was about to go cook something of the sort and was like NOOOOO, I'm sure by the food we use to eat i already got some clogged arteries lol.
    My family enjoys food, its what brings the fam together.
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I usually just have oatmeal with nuts and a piece of fruit. Keeps me full through the morning.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Also, you generally want breakfast to be your larger meal so feel free to fill up with 300-500 calories depending on your current plan.
  • 0b58uce67
    Options
    Hey, I eat syrup flavoured porridge and I put in some poached plums or apples. Quite nice. :smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't. I don't wake up hungry. Never have. In fact, I kind of wake up the opposite of hungry, with zero appetite. All's I need is coffee.
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    BIG VEGGIE OMELETS W EGG BEATERS ON WEEKENDS AND PROTEIN SHAKES DURING THE WEEK CAUSE IM ALWAYS RUNNING LATE. ALSO WEIGHT CONTROL MAPLE OATMEAL SMELLS JUST LIKE PANCAKES. I REALLY MISS MY BIG COUNTRY BREAKFAST ON SUNDAY THAT TOOK 2 HRS TO EAT.:cry:
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i usually eat some sort of fruit or fiber one bar, i have never been a breakfast eater so one huge step for me was actually eating breakfast (it does work). However, you don't have to give up all of the goodness...i use eggbeaters when i make eggs, i still use regular bacon but i only eat 2 pieces instead of 6 but you can also use turkey bacon/sausage, the other day i had eggbeaters with 2% cheese on healthy life bread and the whole thing was under 150 calories.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Special K or oatmeal with fruit and almond milk, scrambled Egg Beaters, and/or turkey sausage. I "spend" 300-350 calories on breakfast because it's typically my biggest meal of the day.
  • becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of fruit! It's obviously good for you and the water in it helps to make you feel more full. I eat eggs on wheat toast 2 or 3 times a week as well. I usually scramble mine with ground red pepper (spicy additives are known for reducing you appetite) or I'll boil them. I also just recently discovered Kashi 7 grain waffles... SO GOOD! Only 150 cals for 2 of them. I've been cutting out the syrup and using reduced fat strawberry cream cheese on them instead.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I like to switch my breakfasts up but some things I tend to eat...

Egg whites
    Fruit
    Fage 0% Greek Yogurt w/ anything from fruit, granola, peanut butter, honey, etc.
    Oatmeal
    Protein Bar
    Dannon Light & Fit - flavored yogurt
    Whole Wheat English Muffin
    Multigrain Bagel
    Protein Shake w/ berries
    Breakfast Burrito
    Cereal
    I almost always have a cup of coffee or tea
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I have a roll with brie and some sliced ham, fruit, sausage patty, yogurt with jam, shredded coconut, and ground flax, cereal with milk and banana slices or strawberries, leftover soup, whole grain toast with laughing cow cheese wedge....some combination of those things. You can eat anything for breakfast really :)
  • SaraBoyt
    Options
    okay so everybody has mentioned eggbeaters, should i stay away from just eggs ? i'm kinda of a food dumby my philosophy is it smells good it looks good it taste good, i'ma eat it. but i havent done that in 5 days so i'm getting better :)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    oat bran with sugar and cinnamon. cold cereal with almond milk.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    okay so everybody has mentioned eggbeaters, should i stay away from just eggs ? i'm kinda of a food dumby my philosophy is it smells good it looks good it taste good, i'ma eat it. but i havent done that in 5 days so i'm getting better :)

A lot of people choose egg beaters because it has the same protein as eggs but with less calories and no fat or cholesterol. if you have the room in your diary, you're welcome to go for regular shell eggs - they're good for you. But if you're struggling to keep your calories down, egg beaters or egg whites are a great alternative.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I wait until I get to work to eat at 8:30 am and just have a glass of water and calcium pill at 6:30 am.

I loooove breakfast, your "before meal" sounds so much fun!

To bring to work Fibre One cereal and 1 Silhouette yogurt is my #1 choice so thats only 135 cals (Fibre One is 100 cals in Canada, 60 cals in the US, when I contacted General Mills to see if the ingredients were different I was advised the US and Canada calculates nutrition differently, dumb!)

I love All Bran more but if you put the milk in before work it turns into a paste (which oddly enough, is still good) and putting milk in later can spill in your lunch bag so I reserve All Bran for weekends.