Amazed by people's assumptions of how you lose weight

Options
iowalinda
iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
It always gets me when people ask how you lost weight and then seem to expect a "quick and easy" miracle for the answer. They lose interest real fast when you explain the months of dedication and the slow process of losing.
Was it the latest fad diet? LOL :)

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    EyeOTS wrote: »
    Losing weight is simple, but isn't easy. Losing a hundred pounds is one of the hardest things I've done, but the formula is simple. People don't always want to hear that.

I say things like "I got scared of diabetes". It's easier than explaining a non 'gimmick' diet and people can relate to it.

meh. the only thing that is is hard, is being consistent and dedicated enough to see it through. THAT is what is hard.
  • Kathy_1220
    Kathy_1220 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Folks are always looking for a magic pill. I get a lot of people asking me how I have lost 53 pounds since April. But as soon as I say proper nutrition (not just eating cleaner, but tracking portion size, macros...etc) and commitment to working out, they kind of get that glazed look and they lose interest really quickly. The only supplement I am taking is creatine monohydrate pre-workout. That is it. I guess people expect me to use Hydroxycut or some such thing. But I am doing this the right way, not with pills. Not to slam anyone who does use thermogenic supplements. But they don't set well on my stomach and they all make me anxious and jittery. So no thanks.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001 This was the best clip ever!! "this is starting to sound like some sort of scam like you'd do to an old person" lols so hilarious!! 🤣
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!