What is your definition of "white" foods?

Options
Ive been reading up on some stuff and it says to eliminate all "white" food.

So is eating, whole wheat, whole grains ok? Using whole wheat flour instead of white flour. That kind of stuff?

What about sugar when baking or cooking?

HELP please. Im so tired of being confused and tired. I want to know what Im doing.

Replies

• hazieo
    hazieo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think it means less processed stuff and more whole grain ingrediants like sugar, flour, pasta and rice..
    Swapping to the brown versions of these helps keep you feeling fuller for longer.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    what she said.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    To answer the sugar question, try sugar in the raw
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    Also, if you can learn to use honey or agave in cooking instead of sugar, or even better, something like stevia, the lower glycemic content can help a lot.
  • LexyDawn
    Options
    White flour, white rice, white sugar, pasta made from white flour.... instead use whole grain stuff or sweeteners like brown rice syrup.
  • mrufki
    mrufki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    White bread, rice, sugar, flour. Hard to avoid when it is in just about every food. Brown rice isn't bad though, nor is the whole wheat pasta but I think if you absolutely hate the alternatives to the white stuff, practice moderation! Agave is a very good alternative to sugar and you can put it in just about everything. Applesauce can make a good sugar substitute when baking.
  • xalligator
    xalligator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    White foods = anything made with white flour, white sugar, white potatoes, or corn flour/meal/starch/syrup.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know I was on the right track at least with what I need to do. I am already doing wheat breads and stuff. I will use more of the wheat flour and I do use agave in recipies that call for it. I will try to figure out the other
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    One thing I add to the "white" list that isn't white....corn products. I try to avoid the ground corn additives and the HFCS that are in so many of the processed foods.
  • JMO44710
    Options
    "white foods' are all things white whihc is white flour - white bread, sugars etc. Whole wheat and grains are OK within reason. For a substitute for sugar use splenda or stevia. I hope this helps a bit.