Is there anything healthy I can eat?

Options
I'm a picky eater. I used to eat wraps for lunches, but now I can't eat them (I tend to eat foods daily until I physically can't eat them anymore). So now I need something new to eat for lunches.
I don't eat:
-Sandwhiches, pitas, yogurt, salads (I ate these until I got physically sick of them as well)
-Nuts (including peanuts)
-Any vegetable you can taste in a dish basically
-Hummus, dips, dressings
-Avocados
-Eggs
-Anything from the ocean

Is there anything healthy I can make for lunch? I struggle so much, it's not that I want to be picky I just really don't like the taste of most things. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    How exactly are you defining "healthy"? Because while the things you won't/don't eat are somewhat limiting, there are still a TON of foods out there.

Fruits
    Meats/proteins - chicken, pork, beef, turkey, soy products, "faux meats" (eg Morningstar Farms, Boca, etc), cottage cheese, whey (or casein etc)....
    Legumes
    Potatoes
    Rice, oats, quinoa, barley
    the list goes on...

You still have ample opportunity for variety, even with completely eliminating your list of personal no-go foods.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Soup, Oatcakes, porridge,
    I know sandwiches and pitta are out - how do you feel about crumpets, bagels, bread rolls, flat breads, rye bread?
    Dinner leftovers, baked potato with whatever you fancy.
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the ideas everyone! It means a lot to me. 💕
  • 7rainbow
    Options
    If you know you're prone to burnout on a particular food choice, have you given any thought to trying to rotate between two or three options so you don't have to say goodbye to a food forever?

The thing is I never really think of many options at once, and groceries are kind of expensive so I try to use what I buy (ex. If I buy spinach for wraps it takes me the week to get through it).
  • 7rainbow
    Options
    Soup, Oatcakes, porridge,
    I know sandwiches and pitta are out - how do you feel about crumpets, bagels, bread rolls, flat breads, rye bread?
    Dinner leftovers, baked potato with whatever you fancy.

Perhaps some other breads will work, thanks! I just need to switch it up somehow.
  • 7rainbow
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    How exactly are you defining "healthy"? Because while the things you won't/don't eat are somewhat limiting, there are still a TON of foods out there.

Fruits
    Meats/proteins - chicken, pork, beef, turkey, soy products, "faux meats" (eg Morningstar Farms, Boca, etc), cottage cheese, whey (or casein etc)....
    Legumes
    Potatoes
    Rice, oats, quinoa, barley
    the list goes on...

You still have ample opportunity for variety, even with completely eliminating your list of personal no-go foods.

Thanks for the ideas! I do quite like fruits, and I'm fine with meat too which is good! Perhaps I need to find more creative ways to eat them.
  • al0481113
    al0481113 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Chicken, potato pancakes help me when I am hungry. I actually don't eat potatoes but in such kind of pancakes the taste of potatoes is not there.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Big salad with some kind of protein on it.
  • Brookey68
    Brookey68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh this post is me to the T! Struggling with ideas and options!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    my daughter is like you. she eats one thing for a while then gets sick of it. what about hot foods? turkey pot pie, meat balls, stir fry with meat or tofu.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    7rainbow wrote: »
    If you know you're prone to burnout on a particular food choice, have you given any thought to trying to rotate between two or three options so you don't have to say goodbye to a food forever?

The thing is I never really think of many options at once, and groceries are kind of expensive so I try to use what I buy (ex. If I buy spinach for wraps it takes me the week to get through it).

Could you freeze things so that you don't have to use it all in a week and run the risk of getting sick of an item? Or use them in different ways to give you variety? You can have spinach in a wrap one day, mixed with a protein on a jacket potato the next, then blend it in to a chicken or vegetable soup on a third day. That's three very different meals.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    chilli, soups, stews, lentil soup, lentil salad, bean salad, southwest salad,