Hi Everybody!

:smile: Hello!
My name is Jewel. I'm 45 and Mom to 2 awesome teenage girls. I'm very happy that I found this site!! It makes me think I can actually stick to my goals this time.

Replies

• :smile: Hello!
    My name is Jewel. I'm 45 and Mom to 2 awesome teenage girls. I'm very happy that I found this site!! It makes me think I can actually stick to my goals this time.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    hi, I just wanted to wish you good luck. I have 1 teen girl myself. I really think you'll like the site, it has been so helpful to me. all of the tools here have been easy to use and understand. I wish you lots of luck and have a good time too.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    :smile: Hello!

Hi Jewel, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :smile:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • Thank you SO much for the nice responses and the tips! I like the idea of an evening snack. :smile: I think I'm going to love it here!