Snap Fitness or Anytime Fitness

Options
Anybodys opinion on these two Fitness places, it seems there's an anytime fitness in most nearby towns including my town. I pay 38 for snapfitness monthly, I thought maybe I should try anytime fitness tho

Replies

• MikeRunsDaily2021
    MikeRunsDaily2021 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I’ve always used anytime fitness. The large number of locations is awesome. I know the size of the gym varies by location but overall they are usually nice. I will say I’ve never tried snap fitness.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with AF, clean, safe has everything I need, don't know Snap.
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    AF here, love it! I always had an issue not being able to work out before 6AM, AF does the trick for me!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Never used Snap. Was a member of AF for a while. Only stopped because it was a second gym membership for convenience of location and equipment which I now have in my home.
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to go to snap fitness and I liked it. I stopped going because life got busy and physical fitness got put on the back burner. We have since moved and do not have one in my area. I'm currently going to planet fitness.
  • W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I use Snap, it is open 24x7 which has eliminated my excuses and given me added structure to my new work-from-home Covid life. Love it.
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love our local Snap Fitness! AFAIK, there are some financial benefits to Snap - memberships are month to month with no contract and, at least in our area, the fees are quite a bit lower. Also, we can pause our membership from time to time while traveling at a cost if $5/mo.

But I'm a little biased because when the local Anytime Fitness moved in, they continually spammed my cell phone.
  • yuliiazinevych787
    yuliiazinevych787 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The smaller 24hr gyms like this are mostly all individually owned by people who have bought into the franchise, which means the equipment from Snap to Snap will be different depending if they financed it through Snap or bought there own. It is just like Anytime Fitness. You would, like you said, have to go there and assess the equipment on your own before any of us could assist or make any recommendations.

You will have your general machine equipment give or take some of the ones you would normally see at a larger gym franchise and most will have at least 1 rack for squatting/benching and a smith machine.

also good article: https://enrgifitness.com/reasons-for-fitness-failures/