Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

Suggestions helpful

Waynesbororn
Waynesbororn Posts: 1 Member
edited October 5 in Getting Started
I am a retired RN but have multiple health problems. Fibromyalgia, 4 herniated discs, and myalgia, along with thyroid problems, fatty liver from weight gain, and chronic pain. I need to lose from 148 back to 120-125. I have difficulty with exercise. I do not usually eat breakfast or lunch. Have many been successful with this weight loss program. I have always watched what I ate and dont eat much usually but cannot lose weight. I drink mostly water, tea occasionally. Any suggestions helpful.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 22,350 Member
    I've been successful with calorie counting with MFP, trying to hit sound nutritional targets alongside my calorie goal. I lost from class 1 obese to a healthy weight back in 2015-16 at age 59-60, while hypothyroid, and have maintained a healthy weight since. (I'm 65 now.) I didn't change my exercise levels to lose weight (though I had been active for around 12 years while obese, and stayed active.) I'm now maintaining around 125 pounds at 5'5".

This is a good source of information about hypothyroidism and weight loss:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767046/hypothyroidism-and-weight-management

It was written by a former MFP-er, a scientist in the field, himself hypothyroid, who lost weight via calorie counting.

With apologies, I can't speak with experience to any of your other health challenges, but hope this may be at least a little helpful.

Wishing you success!