Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,310 Member
    Options
    Shall I confess there was a time when I didn't like coffee or black tea?
    Didn't I within the past year switch to herbal teas for a several months instead of coffee or black tea?

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,041 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Didn't I within the past year switch to herbal teas for a several months instead of coffee or black tea?

Shall I confess that too? Would you be surprised to find out I was a teenager at that time? 🤣
  • frankwbrown
    edited October 2021
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    nossmf wrote: »
    And isn't it odd how I can LOVE the aroma of coffee, yet despise the taste of it?

Have you tried it with a little heavy cream?

Isn't that how I acquired a taste for tea and coffee while staying for two months at a B&B in England?
    Can you imagine having tea time in England when you don't drink tea or coffee?
    But didn't I find my hosts adding a "good amount" of half and half (or was it cream) to their tea?
    Didn't that and a few teaspoons of sugar make it alright for me? 😂
  • frankwbrown
    Options

Shall I confess that too? Would you be surprised to find out I was a teenager at that time? 🤣

Would you be surprised to find out I was in my thirties before I became a regular coffee drinker? 🤣
  • cmsienk
    Options
    And isn't it odd how I can LOVE the aroma of coffee, yet despise the taste of it?

Have you tried it with a little heavy cream?

Isn't that how I acquired a taste for tea and coffee while staying for two months at a B&B in England?
    Can you imagine having tea time in England when you don't drink tea or coffee?
    But didn't I find my hosts adding a "good amount" of half and half (or was it cream) to their tea?
    Didn't that and a few teaspoons of sugar make it alright for me? 😂

Should I warn you about rules you are breaking elsewhere? Or just suggest you go in the corner again?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,488 Member
    Options
    Wasn’t I 29.5 years old when coffee and I discovered the requirement to be life long best friends? Anyone want to guess at what age I became a mother? 😂
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Was it at 29.4 years?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Wasn’t I 29.5 years old when coffee and I discovered the requirement to be life long best friends? Anyone want to guess at what age I became a mother? 😂
    🤣

For me, wasn't it returning to college, and then becoming a workaholic?
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Do you think @nossmf is new enough for the OP?
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    🤣

For me, wasn't it returning to college, and then becoming a workaholic?

Wasn't I a 19 year old swing-shift waitress (3pm-11pm) who would go out with co-workers at the end of our shift to unwind and count tips? Didn't everyone get free refills on coffee, but I would have to pay for a second hot chocolate (or lemonade)? Can you imagine how close to dessert my coffee was with the amount of sugar I used? 🤣
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Dessert, nothing... aren't the majority of Starbucks drinks close to a full day's worth of calories in a cup? Rather than serve sandwiches to the homeless, couldn't we just deliver Starbucks to give them all the calories they need to survive?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    For people like me who despise the taste of coffee, and want to avoid the empty calories of cream/sugar, isn't a caffeine pill the obvious choice?

Isn’t it smart to avoid them if taking them in the past resulted in an ocular migraine with aura?

• cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Dessert, nothing... aren't the majority of Starbucks drinks close to a full day's worth of calories in a cup? Rather than serve sandwiches to the homeless, couldn't we just deliver Starbucks to give them all the calories they need to survive?

Did you know I stick to plain lattes?
    dwwqfzigym0i.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    Options

Are you mathematically challenged and/or lacking in basic knowledge of calorie requirements, or maybe just prone to exaggeration? Aren't I guessing it's the latter? 🤔😆

Isn't it common medical advice that you consume at least 1200-1500 calories a day? Isn't a Venti (24 oz.) Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino (the most fattening of them all) have only 590 calories?

(Didn't I just have (for lunch) a 16 oz. nonfat mocha frappuccino (w/ no whipped cream) blended with a scoop of protein powder? 😋
  • srazamora
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Do you have something against the mathematically-challenged of which category I might very easily fall into to?
  • srazamora
    edited October 2021
    Options
    What does it say about this thread that this thread was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing this comic? 😄
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Do you have something against the mathematically-challenged of which category I might very easily fall into to?

Of course not, isn't that how I get most of my pocket money? jk 🤣
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    What does it say about this thread that this thread was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing this comic? 😄

Isn't that an accurate depiction of what happens nearly every day here? 😄
  • srazamora
    Options
    Did you know there’s such a thing as Instant B-12 Energy Powder that gave me so much energy I came home from work and spent hours reorganizing the pantry? When was the last time coffee did that for you?
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Did you enjoy taking your B-12 energy powder as much as I'm going to enjoy drinking my cup of coffee? Does it smell good? Did it warm your hands on a cold day when you took it?