Suggestions for food to help with a lean bulk?

Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get my life in order.

Replies

• evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    the key to a lean bulk is to take in a surplus of CLEAN calories. that mean you should focus on having most or all of your extra calories in the form of protein. protein powder is going to be the easiest way to add a lot of protein to your diet. food wise my main protien is eggs. in the warm months i do egg whites to lower calories and in the cooler months i eat whole eggs. lean meats are good as well.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    I’ve always eaten a higher protein & carb/lower fat diet, but that works for me. You’ll have to tinker around with your food choices and find the ones that digest well, agree with your body and promote strength in your physical activity.

Food is fuel - you have to use it to make the muscle grow. Eat good, wholesome food, lift heavy weight, enjoy a little walking and above all, stay consistent. Gaining is hard work and requires diligence and patience. Also, don’t be scared to eat big - I was around 5000 calories in my “big season”.

Good protein sources include:

Eggs
    Egg whites
    Fish
    Beef
    Pork
    Chicken - thighs or breast - both are good!
    Wild game - bison, venison, elk, reindeer, etc
    Protein powders (blend with water or milk)

Good luck! I hope you’re able to achieve your goals.
  • bozgrit10
    bozgrit10 Posts: 15 Member
    Kait_Dee wrote: »
    I’ve always eaten a higher protein & carb/lower fat diet, but that works for me. You’ll have to tinker around with your food choices and find the ones that digest well, agree with your body and promote strength in your physical activity.

Food is fuel - you have to use it to make the muscle grow. Eat good, wholesome food, lift heavy weight, enjoy a little walking and above all, stay consistent. Gaining is hard work and requires diligence and patience. Also, don’t be scared to eat big - I was around 5000 calories in my “big season”.

Good protein sources include:

Eggs
    Egg whites
    Fish
    Beef
    Pork
    Chicken - thighs or breast - both are good!
    Wild game - bison, venison, elk, reindeer, etc
    Protein powders (blend with water or milk)

Good luck! I hope you’re able to achieve your goals.

Likewise. Thanks for the advice and best wishes to you also!
  • OllieS0806
    OllieS0806 Posts: 21 Member
    Greek yogurt is a good high-protein/low-calorie food (plain, 0% fat). You can add some artificial sweeteners and vanilla extract or fruit to make it taste good. It is full of whey protein, which is what is in all of those powders.