Almost Gave up..

Options
Hi all, I want to introuduce myself. I am 27y/o F, 254 pounds. I have had a weight problem since my daughter was born 8 years ago. The most weight I have ever lost is 20 pounds and Boy do I wish I could have had the knowledge on weight loss that I have now because after a year it came right back. I thought since I lost weight I could eat what I wanted and told myself Id just work out but of course I didn't work out.... SO now I want to do it again this time and do it right. I will be happy between 170-180 pounds so thats 70-80 lbs to loose. I give myself to the end of next year just to be realistic... I am here for the support because all i hear from family is how i need to loose weight and its all negative from them :-/

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    welcome. for me, nagging from the family did NOT work at all. I'm stubborn and it made me dig in my heels and keep making poor choices...even though I knew my family was just looking out for me. the light switch clicked when it became about ME...when I became ready to live a healthy lifestyle rather than lose some weight to please others. get the mindset right and you can do it.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it here. This site will give you all of the motivation, encouragement & support you need to begin and complete your weight loss journey. You can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • adamswife23
    adamswife23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't let your family get to you. It is scary starting out and you will have good days and bad days, but know that we are here to help support and motivate you along the way. We are all in this together.
  • ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've felt the same way about my family. You can get tons of support and the knowledge of how to do it right here! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Good luck!:drinker:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have done the same things sooooo many times!! Start doing well with a new diet program and exercise, get all cocky about how well I'm doing, think I've got the old bad habits licked them BAM, reality hits and the pounds come right back on.

The thing I realized this time around is that I have to think about my changes for life, for health and fitness, not just to lose some weight and go down a couple sizes. That and using this wonderful website has really helped me keep my focus this time!

Good luck and feel free to friend me.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can do it !!! I gained so much weight after having 4 children. I'd always lose all of the weight initially but then keep eating like I was pregnant and that led me to gain 60 ish pounds :( You have a lot of support here. I started my journey at 223 and I'm down to 177 right now. Still have a little ways to go but the support here is amazing. Feel free to friend me and good luck :)
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    You can do it girl!!!

And you will! This site is stocked full of tools that help you record your progress. You'd be surprised how impactful it is to be able to read back your thoughts, compartmentalize the different aspects of weightloss and visualize the progress in charts, and structured tools.

I'm in it with ya!