What is on your weight loss "must have" list?

Options
So I have been on my weight loss journey since mid December and I have found many things throughout that time that I have found helpful or a "must have" for my weight loss journey. Thought I would share what is on my "must have" list, and hope others will do the same! Maybe we can find our next most helpful product on someone else's "must have" list! One rule! Do not criticize anyone else's "must have" list, not everyone has the same views on foods, etc, so lets just keep this fun and helpful, if you don't like something, just don't add it to your "must have" list!

Here is my list:

Food Must Haves:

-Bell Plantation PB2 (powdered peanut butter that is 45 calories). I love the regular and the chocolate kind. It is made of peanuts, sugar and salt, nothing weird. I was weirded out that is was powdered at first, but it is actually fantastic and fits into my daily calorie goals with ease!

-Wholly Guacamole. It is the only store bought guacamole that I like! It isn't made with anything artificial and it is delicious. They also have 100 calorie packs which are great for travel or for portion control. I like to use the guac instead of mayo on sandwiches, etc!

-Morningstar Farms products including (but not limited to): spicy black bean burger, three bean chili, vegetable lasagna. I am not vegetarian, but I *really* enjoy these products! They all fit within my calories and taste great.

-Harvestland ground turkey and turkey burgers. This turkey is not treated with antibiotics or steroids and I really like that especially when you take into consideration all of the drug resistant ecoli strains going around in other ground turkey. So when I buy ground turkey, this is what I buy.

-Vita Tops. I just discovered these within the past couple of months, and I am obsessed. Makes a great treat without undoing my whole day, with the plus of added vitamins and fiber! I love the dark chocolate pomegranate and triple chocolate chunk the very best. But then again the corn bread ones go great with chili! They also make breakfast sandwiches that are great!

-Alexia sweet potato puffs, Alexia sautes, Alexia anything, really. Delicious.

-Of course fresh fruits and veggies are on this list also, I don't see a need to name them all.

Fitness Must Haves:

-BodyMedia Fit armband. I love it. It shows me my calorie burned vs calorie intake for the day and takes out a great deal of the guess work when it comes to weight loss. I can not recommend this enough.

-A good pair of running shoes. These are crucial.

-My treadmill. I love, love, love my treadmill. It is nice to have a piece of exercise equipment at home to help keep me motivated and working even when I do not want to leave the house.

I am sure I am missing a ton of things. But this is just for fun and to maybe give others ideas, and get ideas from other peoples lists! Lets have some fun with this! What is on YOUR "must have" list?

Replies

• wdmom
    wdmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great list.

My most important thing is my digital scale so that I can weigh everything to keep my portions in control.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    this is pretty cool i was interested in the peanut butter but was kinda scared of the powder. nice to know someone has tried it first :)
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hmmm great topic

for me my workout must haves are :

great running shoes - I need the support and they have to keep up with me ;)

sunglasses - for when i run outside. i do not like to squint.

my boyfriend - he pushes me like no other and helps me stay motivated

a new running friend - without her I would have never pushed myself to run my first half marathon - now we run almost every race together.

water - i love water :)

food must haves:

kashi go lean crunch + activia yogurt = my love for breakfast :) keeps me full.

fruit and veggies too! :)
    i'm sure i'll think of more but that's it for now
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My Michael Jackson the Experience Wii game-it's a cardio workout more than a game for me
    Nike+iPod tool
    HRM
    Schwans Livesmart items

Just to name a few...
  • JaneWrastle
    Options
    * myfitnesspal :)
    * my trainer -for education as well as moral support and guidance
    - HEART RATE MONITOR
    - Scale - i know- don't get hung up on numbers but don't let them allude you either by being aloof about the actual state of your body
    - wholly guacamole
    - Organic Fair Trade Dark chocolate
    - berries - curbs the sweet tooth and full of antioxidants
    ****IPOD and dance/techno playlist***** nothing gets done without that
    - good running shoes
    - spinach and eggs in the morning - both have so many nutrients i am practically set for the day :)

thanks for sharing!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ok, almost bought the powdered peanut butter last shopping trip... what do you DO with it? does it actually taste good mixed with water? Kinda weirded me out too but intriguing as well!

LOVE Morningstar Bacon!!! Since I can't eat Pork, my whole family eats this fakin bakin, they prefer it to the real thing! Crunchy, tasty, healthy.. what more can you ask???

What are Vita Tops?

You named so many things on my own list!!! ;-)

Hope to see some really neat things to try out!

~ Sonia
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts. There are 100 ways to cook them, so they are a staple for me.
    Peanut butter - filling, nutrient dense, goes with a lot of foods
    Skim Milk

Running Shoes
    Bike
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    this is pretty cool i was interested in the peanut butter but was kinda scared of the powder. nice to know someone has tried it first :)

I ordered some through Amazon recently and just tried it for the first time yesterday (added it to my oatmeal along with bananas and almonds). It was SO GOOD!!
  • JaneWrastle
    Options
    Almost forgot - it is worth mentioning - PROPEL or any ELECTROLYTE product like jelly belly sports beans or powerbar gel blasts - i was getting MIGRAINES ALL the time when doing cardio. i was waking up in the morning with headaches....all it took to solve it (since i already drank a ton of water throughout the day and before and during workouts) was to add some propel powder to my water for right before, during and after my workout - does wonders!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Steak, pork ribs, flanken ribs, chicken, fish, eggs............................I'm a protein guy. Like my veggies too, but protein is king.
  • JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Godiva 72% dark with almonds.....yum!!!
  • emmele
    Options

Ok, almost bought the powdered peanut butter last shopping trip... what do you DO with it? does it actually taste good mixed with water? Kinda weirded me out too but intriguing as well!

I am wondering this too. I LOVE peanut butter... and I almost bought the PB2... I just wasn't sure what I could do with it....
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options

I am wondering this too. I LOVE peanut butter... and I almost bought the PB2... I just wasn't sure what I could do with it....

I add it to oatmeal with bananas, protein shakes, you can top frozen yogurt with it....the possibilites are endless!
  • DawniesLife
    Options

LOVE Morningstar Bacon!!! Since I can't eat Pork, my whole family eats this fakin bakin, they prefer it to the real thing! Crunchy, tasty, healthy.. what more can you ask???

What are Vita Tops?

You named so many things on my own list!!! ;-)

Hope to see some really neat things to try out!

~ Sonia

The PB2 powdered peanut butter, like I said it is made from roasted peanuts, sugar and salt and is 45 calories a serving (2 tbs). You take 2 tbs of the powder mix in about 1 tbsp of water and mix. Then enjoy! It just doesn't have the oils so many peanut butters have, which is why it is lower in calories. The chocolate kind is good too, same calories and ingredients except add cocoa to the list! I was super skeptical when I tried it, but I love it.

I haven't tried the morning star bacon, I will have to try it! I bet it is good!

Vita tops are literally like muffin tops, but fortified with vitamins, and have between 6 and 10 grams of fiber in each one, and are delicious. You have to order through their website for many of the flavors, but some grocery stores carry a few of the flavors in their frozen section. Most all of them are 100 cals. :)
  • LycosNyctereutes
    Options
    Almost forgot - it is worth mentioning - PROPEL or any ELECTROLYTE product like jelly belly sports beans or powerbar gel blasts - i was getting MIGRAINES ALL the time when doing cardio. i was waking up in the morning with headaches....all it took to solve it (since i already drank a ton of water throughout the day and before and during workouts) was to add some propel powder to my water for right before, during and after my workout - does wonders!

I planned on having one right after with weight lifting, but since I get migraines it's good to know that might help with cardio too. Thanks!
  • angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is awesome:

Fitness:

My Danskin Cropped Workout Pants( Which I was wearing at a 3x, and now am wearing a very loose 2x! :) )They are so comfy and it akes me feel good to look down and see how much weight I've lost in my thighs!

Golds Gym Resistance Bands: I love these! I bring them to work as I work evenings and sometimes while listening to music when everything is done for the day, and dull, I break those out and do two sets of 30 reps of a bunch of exercises...love them!

Zumba Fitness Live: OMG for a person who is pretty shy about how she looks, you put that DVD on and I'm the queen of the dancehall, jiggling and gyrating with the best of them, and my little calroie monitor notes that I lose on average 900 calories every session...heck yes!

Diet:

Guacamole: I make it fresh adn eat it as my fat. instead of mayonnaise, instead of butter, isnteaed of everything really, I love it, I puree cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, and celery into it to add more veggies and pack a punch.

Salsa: also make this homemade...couldnt' eat eggs without it. Can't live without my salsa. Adds so much flavor to things for only 10 calories in 2 tbsp!!!

South Beach Chocolate Ricotta cream. 1 cup part skim ricotta, cocoa powder, splenda, and vanilla extract....it's my chocolate treat and I love it sooo much!!!
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I "LOVE" Michael Jackson too!!
  • DawniesLife
    Options

You can use it to make a sandwich, to dip apples, celery or whatever in. You can add it to smoothies. ETC. Anything you can do with peanut butter you can do with PB2!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Chicken, steak, bacon

CAFFEINE

ice cream
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    BACON
    MEAT
    EGGS