What is the best device for tracking your steps?

neffyworld
neffyworld Posts: 89 Member
edited October 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a fitbit versa 2. It often doesn't sync with my phone and I had to update it a few weeks ago and it took over an hour. It often doesn't sync to the fitbit website until the evening which is very annoying. I don't know whether the problem is with my phone, or with my fitbit.

What devices are accurate? would I be better off getting a new fitbit (and possibly a new phone), or an apple watch? or is something else better? I am so frustrated.

Is it bad to buy older Apple products? like do they deliberately slow them down with updates so you want to buy a newer model?

Replies

• neffyworld
    Oh, and what device works best with the website? what updates to the website the most often?
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Right now MFP is having major issues with various platforms and programs for syncing. Hopefully that'll be remedied soon before you get any new devices. :)
  • neffyworld
    Cat_Lifts wrote: »
    Right now MFP is having major issues with various platforms and programs for syncing. Hopefully that'll be remedied soon before you get any new devices. :)

So it's not just me? thanks :-)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Apple is a bad idea if you want correct synchronisation with the website (apparently it sends over the wrong numbers so you don't get proper credit for your steps and exercise).

I use a Garmin, and the sync works very well most times.
  • coryhart4389
    coryhart4389 Posts: 73 Member
    I've only used a Garmin watch and it works perfectly. I'm amazed by what it does. I strength train and it seems to know what body parts I'm working. I go on bike rides and it knows without me tell it. Syncs perfectly with MFP.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Apple is a bad idea if you want correct synchronisation with the website (apparently it sends over the wrong numbers so you don't get proper credit for your steps and exercise).

I have not found that to be the case for me.
    I have a series five Apple Watch. I have not noticed any issues syncing.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »

I have not found that to be the case for me.
    I have a series five Apple Watch. I have not noticed any issues syncing.

Well, it might be syncing, but perhaps not the right numbers? An issue I've seen for example is people getting calories for steps, but once they log exercise those step calories disappear.
  • neffyworld
    edited October 2021
    I meant the fitbit doesn't sync to myfitnesspal until late in the day.