Senior Moment

nossmf
nossmf Posts: 8,956 Member
When you forget something obvious, only to remember it later, it's called having a "senior moment." But it can happen at any age. So...what did you forget recently?

Replies

• nossmf
    I'll start. It's been cooling off in the mornings when I get to work, so yesterday I wore my jacket for the first time as it was in the 40's when I got to work. But I forgot I'd brought my jacket when I left work that afternoon, and the fact the temp was in the 80's did nothing to clue me in about having brought it in the morning.

The kicker: my wallet was in my jacket pocket. Still sitting untouched at my desk when I got to work this morning, but unavailable to buy milk yesterday when I got home from work. (Since it's a hour+ commute each way, it wasn't worth driving back to work again.)
  • drinkhorlicks
    drinkhorlicks Posts: 53 Member
    I take selfies in my car
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Forgot to pay my gas bill last month.

Forgot to restock my antihistamine tablets, despite the fact that I've taken them daily for the last 35 years or so.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    I call it PMS.
    When I say I can’t think straight during this time I am not exaggerating, I get extremely dizzy, and foggy. I’ve walked out of the house with my leggings inside out and backwards.

The worst was when I got gas and drove off without paying, the cops came to my house. I didn’t get in trouble they just told me to go pay it.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Recently my mind has been blacking out (not really but it feels like that). I was looking all over for the cap to something but it was already screwed on. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I was spooked by it actually.
    At work I’ve just been really inaccurate lately. I’ll have thought I was thorough but then boom, tons of mistakes. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I’m calling it COVID-brain. Seems like a lot of people are in a fog for the last 18 months or so.

Today I apparently tried to steal chocolate bars at the grocery store. The packaging on them is the same color as the grocery cart so I didn’t put them on the belt at checkout.

After everything else was rung up, bagged, and paid for, the checker said “uh…did you want those chocolate bars in your cart?”

Oops.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I have a really bad habit of pouring myself a cup of coffee to take with me in the car and then leaving it sitting on the kitchen counter.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    different type of senior moment, but I walked into an aisle at the dollar store and one of the associates was stocking and moved her cart when she saw me coming

I said "you're fine, sweetie"

then I was like, why did I call her sweetie

I'm getting old
  • nossmf
    I've lost count the number of times I've had a moment with my alarm clock. Last night's version was turning my alarm on, but forgetting to set it for an earlier time. (Fortunately the dog whining to be let out woke me up only a half hour later than my intended time.)

Other notable alarm snafu's have included:

Setting time, but not turning on
    Setting time for the PM rather than the AM
    Losing track of what day of the week it is and neglecting the alarm completely

I'm the only person in my house who still uses an actual alarm clock rather than their cell phone (including my wife), so not sure if that makes me behind the times or prepared for the day when cell phone networks all die simultaneously but I'll still be on time (maybe, if I remember to set the alarm correctly)...
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    There all Senior moments for me now
  • Tigg_er
  • Tigg_er