The MFP Gratitude Journal (Thread)

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    • My Twin Peaks watching party. We have a good ol' time, even though we do it online. It's a lot of fun. :heart:
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for Monday and all it has to offer
    I am thankful for my body!
    I am thankful for staying up late with my hubby!!
    I am thankful for working out after work today!!
    I am thankful for motivation to change my habits!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    I AM thankful today is over and it's time to sleeeeeeeeeep
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    • Grateful my father managed to get my stepmother back in the hospital. She's very anti-drug/medication, but she's in middle of battling cancer, so... they found out that it's not a blockage and the cancer isn't rapidly growing right now as we feared, but.. she has a lot of fluid around her stomach and her kidneys are struggling due to her not eating much (everything tastes gross because of the chemo). So her sodium levels are messed up, she's not getting enough protein, etc. So she has to hang out with my dad in the hospital for the week.

I recommend some THC. Helped my cousin with her chemo treatments!! Don't know if y'all live where it is legal. Maybe find some eatables or cbd gummies even!! Might help!!!!!!!!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    • I guess I have major gratitude for my dad and stepmother visiting during my birthday in late Feb./early March. It may be the last time I see my stepmother as she was recently given a "two month" diagnosis by her care team because she's not improving, there is no treatment that will touch her cancer and she still isn't eating much (all food tastes terrible despite her having stopped chemo in Feb.) They are trying to get her stable enough to release her to home care, but that's just therapy and palliative care now. I'm stuck in limbo, unable to move because the military still hasn't handed down a date for when we can move, so I can't plan anything and don't want to leave my husband to take care of a move and our son on his own. If it gets really bad and her nurses insist I return home, I will, but it's hard to do with so much up in the air.
    • On that note, grateful I currently have enough money to be able to afford to go home on a whim right now should that be a decision I have to make.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for another morning to consider new possibilities.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    • Music
    • Vinyls (particularly shiny colored ones)
    • Good food and good company (when I can have it)
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    I am thankful for a new day new adventure and the banquet we are going to today!! 🥳🥳We will have success!!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    • Yarn.
    • A loving home.
    • A great father.
    • Being in good health, despite being overweight.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Options
    I do not chase I attract what is meant for me will find me
  • drinkhorlicks
    drinkhorlicks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Spending yesterday afternoon with my son who wanted to go to the botanical gardens attraction...with his mother. The best part was his genuine, heartwarming and reasoned "thank you" on the ride back home 🥰
    Are his mother and you the same person
  • drinkhorlicks
    drinkhorlicks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I’m really grateful for my wife and kids in this pandemic

Not sure how I would survive without them

We’re a unit
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    One of the most perfect autumn days was today. Not one little complaint.

Well, except for the pony poop on the side of my yard. :)
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I am grateful that I am allowed to learn Korean with the help of an amazing instructor (who is hilarious) for free due to my partner's job (learning the language is actually recommended, but not required and I usually try to learn them anyway when we go overseas for job stuff).

It's interesting. But I feel like I'm getting it. Slowly.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,021 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that I am allowed to learn Korean with the help of an amazing instructor (who is hilarious) for free due to my partner's job (learning the language is actually recommended, but not required and I usually try to learn them anyway when we go overseas for job stuff).

Have you ever seen this guy? I’ve watched quite a few of his language videos. It’s interesting just to see him go to different places and speak with them etc. That’s really cool you get to learn Korean!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3wiEHX8QdU
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for neighbors that bring me FOOD 😂
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

Bulgogi, Anyang-haseyo, Tambe, ohmmah.. 😆
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »

Bulgogi, Anyang-haseyo, Tambe, ohmmah.. 😆

Is that really "kitten kitten kitten kitten"?