i think i have diabetes and my doctor won’t listen

i phoned my doctor about a month and a half ago about a concern i had that my foot was numb constantly and i read it could be sign of diabetes so i phoned about it and in the call i asked to have blood checked for diabetes bc i’m really paranoid about getting it and and they haven’t phoned me back

i’ve started to notice i have the dark skin patch at the back of my neck it’s not really prominent and the foot thing has came back again should i phone again? i don’t have definite signs of diabetes and my auntie said if you have diabetes you would know it so should i phone again and ask for a blood test? idk if they will let me if i don’t have any symptoms

to be honest all i eat is sugar and my grandma has diabetes so i wouldn’t be surprised

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    i think i have a slight hypochondriac

i’m a**
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    i REALLY need to reduce my sugar intake idk how tho since it’s all i crave. i pretty much only eat fast food and snacks within a calorie deficit/maintenance but i would love nothing more than to eat “clean” but i cant quit the habit.

if i eat healthy all day and then maybe have a portion of junk food at the end of the night do u think that will reduce my chances of diabetes?
  • southhamptonmike
    southhamptonmike Posts: 61 Member
    dark patches and skin tags could be a sign of insulin resistance. Your blood sugar could be normal but insulin high. When you see your doctor; ask for a fasting insulin test
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    If they don’t give you a call back from the doctors office to schedule an appointment because of your concerns about having diabetes, find another doctor. This isn’t normal procedure for a clinic/dr office.