What was a typical daily menu for you before MFP?

Options
Before you started eating healthy and getting serious about weight loss/fitness what was a typical day for you? I'll start...

Breakfast
Venti Nonfat (lol) Caramel Macchiato
Starbucks Iced Lemon Loaf

Lunch
Two slices of pizza

2pm Coffee break
Coffee with half and half and 2 tsp sugar

Dinner
5 ounces breaded chicken cutlet (fried)
1 cup of white rice
2 tablespoons ketchup
10 ounces fruit juice

Late Night Snack
Pack of Swiss Rolls
3 Oreo cookies

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    McDonald's for breakfast, Wendy's or Arby's for lunch, and probably 8 ounces of meat, a super helping of some form of potato (likely fried) and, if we were in the mood, a real vegetable. So sad. I can't believe what I used to put in my body!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Daily menu prior to MFP:

between hours of 5am and 2pm = 1 candy bar (around 250 cals, no matter what one you choose they are relatively alike)
    32 oz soda (probably like 300 - 350 cals)

between 2 and 5pm = nothing! :(

between 5p and 9p = dinner when boyfriend got home, whatever he brought for us
    sometimes a pizza (I'd eat half, for about 700 or more cals)
    sometimes a sub sandwich (I'd eat 12 inch, so like 800 or more cals)

overall I did not eat enough, and some days I would not eat anything at all until 5pm, and some days I would eat a tiny breakfast and then nothing all evening.

Please know that eating TOO MUCH is the reason why many people gain weight, but eating too little (then binging when we had money) is also a cause of weight gain.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Whoof. How about "whatever I felt like whenever I felt like it?"

Typically I'd have fast food once a day, sometimes more. Pizza two or three times a week. All in giant servings. And I liked to end everyday with 3-4 chocolate chip cookies and a glass of whole milk. The closest I'd come to a vegetable would be french fries.

Never again.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was a glutton and binge eater

Breakfast - huge bowl of high sugar cereal

Lunch - usually 3 cups of ice cream /lrg slice of choc cake, chips

Dinner - medium pizza

Snacks - more ice cream

I prolly ate a gallon of ice cream daily....sad i know

Food used to be my vice, best friend, drug...i can honestly say now, Ive changed, eating controlled portions, and keep an honest account in my food diary of what I put in my mouth.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I almost never ate breakfast. I had maybe five cups of water throughout the day. At lunch, I would go to Subway or Jimboy's and get a huge taco salad. For dinner, I would go to McDonald's and get fries and two double cheeseburgers.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to posting this, but here goes.

Breakfast: Coffee with Splenda and a pour of creamer, cereal with lots of milk, sausage patty
    Lunch: Usually leftovers, like a cup of spaghetti noodles and a cup of meatsauce with a ton of cheese
    Dinner: 2nd or even 3rd servings...it varied, but it was usually a protein, starch, and vegetable.
    Snacks: whatever was in the house, which was usually cookies and other sugary things
  • spampeg
    spampeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Fast food sausage egg and cheese biscuit
    sometimes 20oz-1 liter of chocolate milk

Lunch:
    Hardees thickburgers/large fries/large soda
    Not necessarily Hardees everyday, but incredibly horrible meals.

Dinner:
    Chili/Spaghetti/Tacos/etc, roughly the same thing I have now... but now I'll have 2 cups of chili instead of 4 bowls. 1/4 cup of cheese instead of a handful. Portion control.

Late Night snack --- whatever I could find

and to top it all off? 10-12 Pepsi's per day.

Way too many calories. Just the thought of it makes me panic a little bit.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    I almost never ate breakfast. I had maybe five cups of water throughout the day. At lunch, I would go to Subway or Jimboy's and get a huge taco salad. For dinner, I would go to McDonald's and get fries and two double cheeseburgers.

Two double cheeseburgers and a large fry. My standard McD's order.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Mine was actually quite similar, but it included tots, twice the portioning, and this baked potato thing from jason's deli which I was honestly surprised had like 1500 calories (ffs, that's 100 c less than my daily maintenance), and more cheese.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    At lunch, I would go to Subway or Jimboy's and get a huge taco salad.

I hate you right now. :laugh: I grew up in Sacramento and loved Jimboys. I miss it. Although I suppose it's a good thing I don't live near one.

I didn't really have a typical daily menu. Mostly I wouldn't eat breakfast, sometimes I wouldn't eat lunch. Sometimes I'd do nothing but eat all day.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Breakfast: Nothing OR Mcdonalds, Tacos, or cinnamon rolls

Lunch: Fast food or food from cafeteria (usually a burger or fried food)

Dinner: Homemade dinner. Usually some type of meat with TONS of carbs.

Dessert: Ice cream or Donuts

Drinks: Not a lot of water. Lots of Dr. Pepper or really sweetened drinks

No wonder I gained 25 pounds in a year! :embarassed:
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Coke with every meal, yes even breakfast.
    We would go camping and I would still take a couple of cokes to get me through and then I would beg hubby to stop and let me get a coke when we were out of the woods.

Lots and lots of fast food. I would purposely delay trips to the bank or quick errands until lunch time so we could just pick something up while we were out.

Pizza, breadsticks, tons of pasta, fried everything.

Little Debbies, chips, cookies, whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it.

Yikes, scary now to think of it.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 32oz mt dew (sometimes 44oz)

Lunch - One of the following: McDonalds 10 piece chicken nugget meal (large size fries and soda), Burger King double cheeseburger meal (medium size fries and soda), Wendy's single meal (medium size fries and soda), Taco Bell nacho bell grande/cheesy potato bowl & large soda, or [seemed to be my absolute favorite] Pizza Hut lunch buffet =(

Dinner - Frozen dinner or fast food

Snacks - Cookies/ice cream/pretty much whatever I wanted

I knew it was bad, but seeing it all laid out like this makes me feel ashamed =\
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Oh and I would sometimes drive to McDonald's (1 mile from home) Just to pick up a coke for now and a large sweet tea for later.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 620
    1 Thompson 100 Calorie Bagel thin - 100 calories
    3 TBSP of Sunbutter - 300 Calories
    4 Strips of bacon - 220 calories

Lunch - 900
    3 fish fillets - 375 calories
    1 order of fries - 375 calories
    1 Laffy Taffy - 150 Calories

Snack - 450
    Ritz Bitz Cheese crackers - 450 calories

Dinner - 1285
    5oz hamburger - 340 calories
    Bun - 150 calories
    1 order of fries - 375 calories
    3 slices of bread - 180 calories
    1 tcby icecream - 240 calories

Total - 3255 calories. I guess this honestly was not what I ate everyday, but this was the higher end of what I might eat
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Whatever didn't take more than a few minutes to make, or buy.

Mostly fast food, canned and boxed garbage foods and tons of sweets.

Veggies? Chips! Potato is a veggie, right?

Funny what a difference a couple years makes, I cringe at most of that crap now.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    At lunch, I would go to Subway or Jimboy's and get a huge taco salad.

I hate you right now. :laugh: I grew up in Sacramento and loved Jimboys. I miss it. Although I suppose it's a good thing I don't live near one.

I didn't really have a typical daily menu. Mostly I wouldn't eat breakfast, sometimes I wouldn't eat lunch. Sometimes I'd do nothing but eat all day.

I'm sorry! I grew up here too, and I still go to the one right on Florin Road. We have one in Elk Grove... but it's just not the same. The grease dripping out of a taco? I can't believe I thought I was healthy.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - just a cup of tea or a bowl of low fat cereal
    Mid morning - more tea, or a chai latte or hot chocolate from Starbucks
    Lunch - half a bagel with butter and one or two apples, or some rice noodles with tofu and vegetables
    4pm - Toast or a bagel and some sugary yoghurt
    Supper - plate of pasta or pizza, or fajitas, or spanakopitta, or lentils with roast potatoes.
    Evening snacks - crisps or snack a jacks, a couple of pieces of chocolate
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh before MFP and Weight Watchers it was horrible! I am still adjusting to eating healthy and have felt "off" for a while and now I think my body is getting used to it. I think it's screaming for what it was used to.

I used to not eat at all early in the mornings, then mid-morning I'd have a bag of high fat and salted and buttered popcorn (they have a machine in the breakroom of my work) and then for lunch it would usually be a fatty fast food place with a large size of french fries. And then for afternoon snack I'd have a candy bar or some other form of junk.

For Dinner I would eat Chips galore, usually some kind of meat, non-diet soft drinks, cheese, etc. Also Mcondalds a lot. I got addicted to McDoubles and fries for a while there..

I am so glad that I am turning my eating habits around and have found people on here that are doing the same.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    I remember what I used to think of as "healthy". It's shameful.

I'd cook up some frozen fried chicken, 2-3 large pieces. Make some instant mashed potatoes and spoon up an easy 4 servings for myself. Then I'd have a side of corn and say "look at this homemade meal you've prepared, and you're having vegetables!"

Not knowing what a healthy meal is and how much calories are in foods is the most dangerous thing you can do. Besides joining a gang I guess.