Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Maybe the disagreer doesn’t wish to learn new words? My word of the day “paraprosdoikan” is fitting for some of us here, isn’t it?

“paraprosdoikan”? How do you spell that? 😂
    (wasn't that going to be a good dad joke, until I looked up that word (had to) and found it's misspelled, so now it's just pointing out your misspelling?) 🙄

Did I do that on purpose to see if anyone was paying attention? 😆

Do you think you're fooling anyone?
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    edited October 2021
    Options
    A "good dad joke"? Does such a thing exist?

Isn't it true that, while there may not be such a thing as a good dad joke, there can nevertheless be a good example of a bad dad joke? (Is the use of bad here superfluous?)

Possibly, but how can we be sure?
    (@cmsienk, isn't @TX_Bluebonnet the one who accused me of telling dad jokes?
    But how can I be upset at my daughter for saying that? 😂)

Am I? And don't you know daughters may secretly admire dad jokes?

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,086 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown Aren't I glad you understand my reaction was NOT to your posts (which I do find quite witty) but to the person(s) clicking "disagree"? Aren't I slightly ashamed I did not make myself sufficiently clear earlier in order to avoid confusion?
  • nossmf
    Options
    A "good dad" joke? Does such a thing exist?

Didn't I fix this for you, because good dads (such as yours truly) certainly are able to tell jokes?
  • nossmf
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Could it be the disagreer got bitten by the 'scrolling on the right, disagreeing with everything' bug? Didn't that happen to me once? Aren't I careful to scroll on the left side now?

Do you realize how long it took me to understand this question, until I finally realized you may have been referring to somebody using a phone to scroll through discussions, and not a mouse attached to a desktop as I am utilizing right now?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Aren't I a little surprised by how vehement your response appears? And is that what those little icons were? Is the fault for not identifying those icons due to my screen or my old eyes?

Aren't I awake from my nap now? And wasn’t I in a sleep deprived state? Won't you please forgive the perceived vehemence? Shouldn't I probably have said, "Considering my degree is in English, would you believe I found the discussion of prepositional phrases and whether one could say 'most prolific' vastly amusing"? 😉

Wouldn’t it be highly likely you would be engaging in conversation in this thread if you were not indeed awake?
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    Options
    A "good dad" joke? Does such a thing exist?

Didn't I fix this for you, because good dads (such as yours truly) certainly are able to tell jokes?

Should I admit it hadn't occurred to me to see it that way, and that I wish I'd spotted that clever interpretation first?
  • nossmf
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Wouldn’t it be highly unlikely you would be engaging in conversation in this thread if you were not indeed awake?

Have you ever tried talking to my teenagers first thing in the morning on a school day? Is it appropriate in the month of October to refer to them as zombies that early?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,830 Member
    Options
    Wouldn’t it be highly unlikely you would be engaging in conversation in this thread if you were not indeed awake?

Have you ever tried talking to my teenagers first thing in the morning on a school day? Is it appropriate in the month of October to refer to them as zombies that early?

@nossmf, are you comparing me to a teenager? 😅🤣
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Aren't I a little surprised by how vehement your response appears? And is that what those little icons were? Is the fault for not identifying those icons due to my screen or my old eyes?

Aren't I awake from my nap now? And wasn’t I in a sleep deprived state? Won't you please forgive the perceived vehemence? Shouldn't I probably have said, "Considering my degree is in English, would you believe I found the discussion of prepositional phrases and whether one could say 'most prolific' vastly amusing"? 😉

Wouldn’t it be highly likely you would be engaging in conversation in this thread if you were not indeed awake?

Is anyone else confused by this sentence? Did you mean "unlikely"? Didn't I say I was awake after a nap?
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    Options

Is anyone else confused by this sentence? Did you mean "unlikely"? Didn't I say I was awake after a nap?

Can I add a vote for "unlikely"?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Doesn't pressure turn loosely compacted carbon molecules into a rigidly defined structure?

Is that common knowledge for a rocket scientist such as yourself?

• srazamora
    Options
    Do I have a secret hater choosing to disagree with all of my posts in this thread? (Or at least each of the last three?)

Would it help you to know that I am super agreeable?
  • srazamora
    edited October 2021
    Options

Why couldn’t you have pointed out my error within the hour long time period that I could have corrected it? 😞
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    Options

Why couldn’t you have pointed out my error within the hour long time period that I could have corrected it? 😞

🤷‍♀️ Didn't she?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options

Don't I often proofread my posts after I post them, even when I also proofread them before posting? That way, don't I screw up only hlaf the tiem?
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2021
    Options

Don't I often proofread my posts after I post them, even when I also proofread them before posting? That way, don't I screw up only hlaf the tiem?

Aren't you a hoot? 😂
    (Would you be surprised to find out I edited this to replace the lesser quality emoji? Why are the phone emojis better than the computer emojis?)
    Also, don't I too proofread but also end up screwing up sum of the thyme?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options

We can only try, right? Aren't we fortunate to have spellchecker to help with that? 😄
  • srazamora
    Options

Can you add all my future posts to your proofreading list, please, @frankwbrown ? 😁

• srazamora
    Options

@nossmf, are you comparing me to a teenager? 😅🤣

Isn’t that better than being compared to a zombie? 😆