What is your favourite exercise?

Options
Mine is horse riding although I'm not allowed to do it at the moment :'( So gutted.

Second is probably swimming. Although I don't swim very well I love the water.

What is yours?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like yoga and walking/hiking
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    goqb3qllavbj.jpg
    Me in yellow, my friend J (age 75) in pink. Yup, we're sitting still, but we don't do that often - talking to the folks in the quad whose oars you can see, in this case. In season, around an hour of rowing, 4 days a week, weather permitting (as it usually does).
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Skiing, then hiking, cycling, and swimming outdoors.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    road cycling, MTB, and walking my dog.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am a swimmer. I love doing anything in or on the water so I swim laps and take water exercise classes. In the summer I also love kayaking. My second favorite is walking/hiking.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    w5yzqlregbu9.jpg

Road cycling and strength training.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Now, it's likely golf (walking with a cart) and machine rowing. In the past, it used to be more trail running and hiking. Would like to get more into that again, but just don't seem to have enough time. Plus, you have to really look to find trails here (Tucson area) that aren't all rocks -- rock trails are not fun. Though the mineral rock diversity here is pretty stunning.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,348 Member
    Options
    Back in my school days I was a runner, doing both sprints in the spring and cross country in the fall.

For the past decade my knees have objected to running, so I've become a weight room junkie.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga and jumprope...
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting, dancing and walking.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Isn't the horse doing all the exercise?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Swimming, biking, hiking or just about anything with scenery, easy or hard.
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    cycling, skiing
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Running, Rebounder workouts and walking.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I used to be a hiker and backpacker. I loved it. Since my husband can't do any of that any more (Parkinson's) I haven't been backpacking in years and I only get a short solo hike about once a month. I miss it. I took up running so I could still spend time outdoors and I walk the dog, but it isn't the same as spending time in the mountains.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

You use your leg and abs A LOT to stay on the horse and to guide it. Yes, it can be quite the workout for both horse and human.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

You use your leg and abs A LOT to stay on the horse and to guide it. Yes, it can be quite the workout for both horse and human.

I dated a girl in high school that had two horses. Learned to ride bareback (her only saddles were too small for me). If you've ever been on a horse bareback for two hours (and I was pretty athletic), you'd know it's no joke. You hold on by your legs and pray the horse isn't ornery (mine was). One time, I swear my horse was trying to kill me. Full gallop and stopped dead, ducked it's head and I tumbled like 10 yards head over head in a cornfield. Not fun.

After my first few rides, I could barely walk for days. Grew accustomed to it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Ever been on a galloping horse?
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Swimming is absolute favorite. Cycling I do more. Lite hiking is happening more and more. Sold our sailboat last year during a general household downsizing; that's an activity, and there's exercise involved, but it isn't what I could justify an "an exercise."