What is your favourite exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Outdoor activities change with the season, but trail running/hiking, kayaking, biking, swimming. Lifting is a year round favorite, also trx.

odoah8mbyrz2.jpg

kfvqfr5xrn9w.jpg

• pnrbor
    pnrbor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Outdoor activities change with the season, but trail running/hiking, kayaking, biking, swimming. Lifting is a year round favorite, also trx.

odoah8mbyrz2.jpg

kfvqfr5xrn9w.jpg

Where do you live? It looks beautiful and like it has a nice selection of outdoor activities.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Cycling, walking, dancing, yoga.
    Anything not in a gym.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    pnrbor wrote: »

Where do you live? It looks beautiful and like it has a nice selection of outdoor activities.

I have moved around a lot lately, so one picture is from Wisconsin and one picture is from Missouri. I've also spent time the past year or two in Kentucky and Idaho.

One thing I've learned from moving every couple years is that there's more resources for outdoor activity out there than one might think. I've always found places to be active, even if it takes a little digging online or exploring in person.

Many towns have bike/walk groups or trails organizations, and there's almost always some creek or river I can take the kayak out on. I may not always have access to whitewater or adventurous trail running, but there's always something interesting.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    pnrbor wrote: »

I have moved around a lot lately, so one picture is from Wisconsin and one picture is from Missouri. I've also spent time the past year or two in Kentucky and Idaho.

One thing I've learned from moving every couple years is that there's more resources for outdoor activity out there than one might think. I've always found places to be active, even if it takes a little digging online or exploring in person.

Many towns have bike/walk groups or trails organizations, and there's almost always some creek or river I can take the kayak out on. I may not always have access to whitewater or adventurous trail running, but there's always something interesting.

I agree. I belong to a local walking group and some of our hikes (especially in winter) take place in neighborhoods or historic parts of town. As much as I love the trees and fields, there is something to be said about walking 5-6 miles on a city sidewalk with a diverse group of people admiring old architecture. It has the added advantage of being cheap to be equipped for. All you need is decent footwear and the weather appropriate clothing you would normally wear anyway.