Options
Hi all! I am new here soI am trying to figure things out. MY goal is to lose 40 pounds I am 51 years old I do work out which I enjoy MY problem is sugar!!! I LOVE SWEETS!!! This is not good so I need to get a grip on my health and weight! I heard good things about this app so here I am. I have a question when I log my food in it always comes back I am not putting in enough food. Can someone give me examples of foods they eat and put on their log? I am trying to figure out how not to go over carbs, sugar, calories, etc...... THANK YOU SO MUCH :) GLAD TO BE HERE and finally work it off my weight:)

Replies

• cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am new here soI am trying to figure things out. MY goal is to lose 40 pounds I am 51 years old I do work out which I enjoy MY problem is sugar!!! I LOVE SWEETS!!! This is not good so I need to get a grip on my health and weight! I heard good things about this app so here I am. I have a question when I log my food in it always comes back I am not putting in enough food. Can someone give me examples of foods they eat and put on their log? I am trying to figure out how not to go over carbs, sugar, calories, etc...... THANK YOU SO MUCH :) GLAD TO BE HERE and finally work it off my weight:)

If you make your diary public, some of the more experienced people can help you.
    @callsitlikeiseeit
    @AnnPT77
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

If you make your diary public, some of the more experienced people can help you.
    @callsitlikeiseeit
    @AnnPT77

ive been avoiding the boards, so just saw this. if youre a friend (as you are @cowsanddogsarecute , lol) sending me a message to get my attention for a post is the best way at the moment ( I was wanting to strangle more people than help so figured a break was best :P )

in any case,OPs diary is still closed, so no can help in any great manner.

OP, typically I would say send me a friend request, but im not logging my food at the moment so my diary wouldnt help you much.

I will say, that unless you are diabetic, or have other health issues requiring the need to minimize sugar intake.... there really isnt anything WRONG with sugar. half (oftentimes way more) of my macros come from carbs in various forms. I go in stages, but I have sweets nearly every day and my coffee creamer is loaded with carbs (really thats where a lot of my carb intake comes from). My bigger concern would be the fact you are eating fewer than 1000 calories, which is the minimum cut off for MFP to not allow you to 'close' your diary. How much weight are you losing per week? Its quite possible (even likely) your logging isnt correct and you are actually eating more. Your rate of loss will help determine that, even without seeing your diary. Its not failproof, by any stretch but gives a good jumping off point, to start. really wasnt your question, though. if you dont want to eat it... dont buy it. there's a reason i dont buy peanut butter cups or the chips ahoy cookies with the brownies in them. I know no cut off with either. portion control does not exist. not with them.

as far as WHAT i eat .... whatever i want (except the aforementioned items, unless bought SPECIFICALLY as a treat). just not the AMOUNTS id always LIKE LMAOOOOOOOOO

But I'm an old hand at this and truly, my stomach cant handle the amounts of food (even the sinfully good things or junk foods i love) that it used to be able to. And the times when i FORCE it to (cause i temporarily lose my mind.... ) i tend to regret it. not by guilt (i dont food guilt myself), but because i make myself physically ill. it might not come back up, but id probably feel better if it did LOL

in any case, you are welcome to send a friend request. I post all the damned time, swear like a sailor, and dont post much about diet and exercise (though im about to start training for a spartan so that may change some), but will help when asked or if someone asks a question on their feed and I think I can help. This week I am ridiculously busy, so might not see a request RIGHT away but will see it at the latest, the next morning at zero dark thirty lol

welcome aboard to the crazy world of MFP!