Why am I waking up with the same weight as the night before?

Options
Lilaeats22
Lilaeats22 Posts: 13 Member
edited October 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Starting a week ago I gained 2 lbs because every night I end with the same number as the next day. Usually after digesting food and not eating 7:30pm-8am, I wake up with .6-1lb lower (before I go to the bathroom), now whatever I end with, I am waking up with the same exact thing. Nothings changed, I eat the same, sleep the same, but 1 week ago, every single day I don't lose any food weight when I sleep. My legs feel so much heavier too I really don't know what to do or what caused this. For years since my weight loss, I never gained this much weight so quickly, and even if I eat less, I still wake up with the same weight as the end of the night . What can I do? I usually eat around 1350 cals for the past few years, and I notice even if I eat 1200cal, still same exact weight

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    When I start getting the exact same readings on my digital scale, it's time for a new battery. Otherwise there will always be a slight difference in 8-12 hours.
  • Lilaeats22
    Options
    I changed the batteries around 4 months ago and it never said low batteries.. I think its accurate because it does change when I go to the bathroom sometimes and my clothes feel tighter. I am so confused how this happened and don't know what I can do
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Scale weight has so many variables - water retained, rate at which food is moving through your gut, hormone variation through the month (if you're a female). If this has been going on only a week, I'd not worry too much about it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Lilaeats22 wrote: »
    Starting a week ago I gained 2 lbs because every night I end with the same number as the next day. Usually after digesting food and not eating 7:30pm-8am, I wake up with .6-1lb lower (before I go to the bathroom), now whatever I end with, I am waking up with the same exact thing. Nothings changed, I eat the same, sleep the same, but 1 week ago, every single day I don't lose any food weight when I sleep. My legs feel so much heavier too I really don't know what to do or what caused this. For years since my weight loss, I never gained this much weight so quickly, and even if I eat less, I still wake up with the same weight as the end of the night . What can I do? I usually eat around 1350 cals for the past few years, and I notice even if I eat 1200cal, still same exact weight

You started a week ago. Your body has a bunch of adjustments to make and it takes a bit of time. My suggestion is to stay off the scale for now. Only weigh yourself once a week and only do it first thing in the morning nude after the toilet and before the coffee.

If you also just started an exercise routine, you could easily be retaining water instead of releasing it overnight.
  • Lilaeats22
    Options
    Its been around 10 days which is the longest I've seen this for.. I don't get that time of month anymore either..
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    Scale weight has so many variables - water retained, rate at which food is moving through your gut, hormone variation through the month (if you're a female). If this has been going on only a week, I'd not worry too much about it.

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your weight is but my scale fluctuations stopped being dramatic and obvious - including night to morning stuff - as I weighed less. Ie: The more of me there was, the more room there was to store a lot of water, I think.