Looking for stories of 30-60lbs weight loss

Options
Every time I look for stories of weigh loss I only find the 100+lbs kind. Which is great! But I don’t identify. What I’ve got is an eating disorder and a self-sabotaging cycle that has spanned YEARS of just trying to lose 40 lbs. Please tell me that it’s possible? And share pics if you can?

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have lost about 53 lbs. It took some time. I have the self-sabotaging. I do go up and down in weight, but overall I am going down. It is a journey. There are many reasons we could be self sabotaging. I do have binge spells. There are physical reasons for it, too. You do get hungrier when under stress and when worn down, it is easier to give in.Sometimes we just need to take a break. I have worked with a holistic Dr and therapy at times. Makes a difference to get a very complete bloodwork done. I don't give up completely. I may throw the towel to the wind a day or two or week, but not forever. I know too well the feeling of being overweight for years and never want to return to that. I weigh most days. I have learned much along the way. It is doable!!
  • timhoch50
    timhoch50 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It can be done, I did it once before and now am currently hovering around 30 lost. I'm trying to get farther but need to break through the plateau. Here's a post I made in May about my journey.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10833165/one-year-of-weight-lose#latest
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I've lost sixty pounds over the last year and some. It's stalled because my thyroid has chosen to misbehave and is going to be removed, and I see no reason to punish myself with a really strict diet I can't keep to when my metabolism is totally in the toilet. But I'm down four sizes and in a lot less pain from my arthritis, and once I'm back on a proper dose of hormones, I'll start losing the next 60 pounds, and then I'll definitely be in less pain.
  • aginghealthier
    aginghealthier Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @gonzoschicken Yes, it is possible. I also had a self sabotaging cycle of trying to lose 40 pounds that spanned years. It all began with my first pregnancy at age 30. By the time I reached 60 years old and I started having health issues that were weight related, I finally decided to get serious! My first eye-opening step was reading the book "The Beck Diet Solution: Train your brain to think like a thin person", by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D. To make a long story short... I determined that I had to find a way-of-eating that I could sustain for the rest of my life. I chose vegetarianism while counting calories (to keep me honest). In the last 4 years, I have lost and kept off 30#. The remaining 20 pounds to my goal is proving to be a bit of a challenge, as I yo-yo a bit. At -35# I reached a plateau and discovered intermittent fasting which gave the scale a boost in the downward direction. I've lost an additional 5# using IF and not changing anything else (diet/exercise). I will continue with this until I've reached the 50# mark. Weight loss and maintenance really is a journey... you just have to find the best route to take for you.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm down 46lbs but I still have 30lbs to go - so I'm not posting pics till then 😁
    What works for me is counting calories and IF Sunday - Monday
    I usually go off plan Friday and Saturday.
    I feel that this is sustainable long term for me and is realistic for maintenance.
    My weight loss has been slow and I haven't always been consistent because life happens.
    And that's OK 😊
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!