JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,571 Member
    @cschmitz110515 -- it's funny, but when I've locked the keys in the trunk a few times, I know that I'm doing it the last foot or so of the trunk closing, but I can't change course at that point. It is frustrating! But a part of life...

Hour commitment - finished coffee stuff and about to have a French lesson. Now I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    JFT for 10/13 (today): ✔️
    1) Dessert ok
    2) Peanut butter ok
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/14
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)

• more_freggies76
    edited October 2021
    Hour commitment - After I finish my Berry vibes, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my metamusal. No more dessert today and no more turkey patties. Also no more of the potato salad our neighbor gave us. I had a bite to taste it, but I don't need more.
  • more_freggies76
    edited October 2021
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    JFT for 10/13 (today): ✔️
    1) Dessert ok ✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok ✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/14 ✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) ✔️
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth) ✔️
    JFT for 10/14 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) Dessert ok
    2) No peanut butter (last 10/13)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    6) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Short run.
    2. Morning: Check email. Re-print council meeting paper.
    3. Reading: Begin Antho. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Brunch at Polly's. Library on the way to or from; return 2 books & pick up 4.
    4. Writing: Clois. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Therapy at 2. Practice speech.
    5. Podcast at 6. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Council meeting at 7.
    6. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Coloring.
    7. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr (Antho) while playing sleepy music.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library NEXT WEEK. FINISH CLOIS THIS WEEK?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG ? PCP ? Therapy ? CHECK DATES
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Nov 6.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Another fast day, and tomorrow is full as well. Yikes!
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    13 JFT : success ❗
    Weight ⬇ 🙂
    14 JFT:
    1/ pre log✍🏽
    2/go to bed by mid night.🌚😴
    Commitment ✊🏽😐
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member

JFT Wednesday 13th October

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes, just
    Back exercises no, too uncomfortable today
    Foot exercises yes
    No snacks none
    Walk 50 minutes
    Gardening a little, until rained off
    Paperwork/Mum's bills bills are paid, but nothing filed away yet

I'm having family for evening meal today, will try to pre-log it. The only way I will stay in the green is to miss breakfast, I'm not enjoying this!

I don't think changing my meal times works for me, for one thing it interferes with when I need to take medication every morning. I missed breakfast and then evening meal was a lot later than normal to accommodate family. I had increasing stomach pain through the day and by the time of evening meal I was so uncomfortable I didn't really want it. Never mind, I had small portions and no cream, as I knew that would make me worse, so calories were okay.

JFT Thursday 14th October

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    No snacks
    Walk
    File paperwork
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,310 Member
    edited October 2021
    JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 6:00 :smile:
    - Meeting with Homma-san & Mori-san :smile:
    - Delrin Morning meeting :smile:
    - Investigation into lab variations :smile:
    - Go over to my new office and order furniture, monitors & such, secondary location since I have 2 jobs in two different buildings now :smile:
    - Work on Lab calibrations :smile:
    - Protein shake for brunch :smile:
    - Log food :smile:
    - Leave work by 3:30 :smile:
    - Ride :smile:
    - half portions for dinner ( these are probably single portions, but half what I used to eat) :smile:
    - no alcohol :smile:
    - stay green :smile:
    - bed by 11:30pm :smile:

Happy Wednesday y'all!

Winner, winner chicken dinner... all smiley faces yesterday. I gotta say the ride almost didn't happen because I just wanted to lay down when I got home. Instead I had an apple and headed out. I was falling asleep on the drive and considered turning around several times. Instead I got on my bike and decided to try. I perked up a bit once on the bike and managed almost an hour. I'm glad I did it, but also very tired today. Luckily today is a rest day & date night. I will stay within maintenance, but not worry so much about types of food I eat, and I will have a few drinks. Other than that today is just work and doing mom's bills.

JFT Thursday

- Weigh in
    - Work From home
    - Left over shrimp for lunch
    - Meetings
    - visit mom & do her bills
    - date night
    - log food
    - stay green
    - bed by 11:30

Happy almost Friday y'all!

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 10/14 (today): ✔️
    1) Dessert ok
    6) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting
    **Also coffee stuff early due to mammogram appt

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Recap W 10/13 ~ just realized it's Oct. Just Move It Day (at least 30 minutes) at work = done!
    1) Walked dog 4.14 mi before work, too cloudy to see Orion, instead enjoyed listening to an owl & seeing a few bunnies running around :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Food prelogged & have wiggle room (yay) / net cals zero / 14c water :) green 10 but sodium RED really need to figure this out & 13c water
    3) Update PA-E&T ethics & laws sections / revise PA-E&T admin & report draft if needed / ready to submit for 2nd review when In-Charge here tomorrow / 1:00 - 2:30 req'd Grants Mgmt webinar / webinar summary form for part 2 = 5/5
    4) Make baked eggplant parmesan for supper / boil eggs / fill gallon jug from rain barrel / submit WWW paperwork online (grrr) / another ta-da? minor TA-DA = 4/5
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :'( few intestinal issues mid-evening, took Imodium and went to bed

JFT R 10/14 ~ impromptu rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log in Exercise Notes)
    2) Prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Facebook Live 12:00 / req'd Grants Mgmt webinar 1:00 - 2:30 / complete webinar summary form & submit to LC / clear some emails / organize papers from completed audits
    4) Laundry / boil eggs / wash dishes / another ta-da?
    5) Unplug / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52.10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    JFT goals: I had "Dessert ok today", but should be "No dessert today except sugarfree or no sugar added". I had a little dessert already yesterday.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - Done with lunch. Can still have dose of metamusal, then I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more turkey today.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
    🎃🎃🎃 OCTOBER 🎃🎃🎃
    🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

We got our flu jabs today. Waiting for a call back for our Covid booster. 😂

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] 1 Sept: 142.9
    [*] 24 Sept: 142.1
    [*] Oct 6: 141.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 85.4 (SmartScale app)

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    October goal: maintenance

Daily Habits: Week 2
    Fri: 🎃 Sat: 🎃 Sun: 🎃 Mon: 🎃
    Tue: 🎃 Wed: 🎃 Thu: 🎃
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 7/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 7/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 7/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 7/7

🐝Positive Intentions for Thurs 14 Oct:
    [*] Meditation 🐝
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🐝
    [*] Journal - (Oct Tiny Habit) 🐝
    [*] Get flu jab 🐝
    [*] Daily Chores/laundry 🐝
    [*] Watch TV 🐝
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🐝
    [*] Daily goals update 🐝

📓 Tiny Habit for October: (3 Oct)
    For the next 10 days I will Switch off devices at 11pm and go to bed.
    ✖️✖️🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌
    🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌 (continuing this indefinitely as it’s working a treat)

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

@bookmeister86 <> So please to to see you posting again. Pity about the house, but hang in there.

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 10/14 (today): ✔️
    1) Dessert ok - none today ✔️
    2) No peanut butter (last 10/13) ✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/14 ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) ✔️ (No cheese today)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth) ✔️
    6) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting ✔️
    **Also coffee stuff early due to mammogram appt

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 10/15 (tomorrow: ✔️
    1) Dessert ok - none today
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday 10/15
    6 ) <= 600 calories for lunch
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Calisthenics.
    2. Morning: Check email. Check Hogwarts.
    3. Reading: Antho intro. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Park walk.
    4. Writing: Clois. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Upload syllabi. Tweetchat catchups.
    5. Fold laundry. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Livestream at 6. Zoom chat at 7.
    6. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Coloring.
    7. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr (Antho) while playing sleepy music.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library NEXT WEEK. FINISH CLOIS THIS WEEK?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG ? PCP ? Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 CHECK DATES
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Nov 6.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Alas, tomorrow is the last day of break.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member

JFT Thursday 14th October

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises some
    Foot exercises yes
    No snacks one small snack, accounted for
    Walk 64 minutes
    File paperwork no, started twice but was interrupted by family, would rather talk to them than file paper!

JFT Friday 15th October

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    No snacks
    Walk
    File that paperwork
    Prep paperwork for tomorrow
    Sort car insurance, ugh
    Gardening
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    JFT - Friday Oct 15
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something
    Get active on JFT

Well the last two days were insane! DH texted me on Wednesday that he felt a cold coming on. Of course, a cold could be more than a cold at this point in time and I work in long term care so we have to be extra cautious. I had a rapid test kit given to me for a wedding and my birthday but I had left it at our daughters. I had to drive to get it after work, it’s a 3 hour round trip. It was worth it to know he tested negative when he got home from work. He told our daughter he wasn’t pregnant. 😂

Last night I had ceramics and didn’t get home until late.

Today I am off to accompany DH to the dietitian. We will both learn I’m sure.
    I then need to take pictures of ornaments and get them posted on our FB page. We have a virtual market tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,310 Member

JFT Thursday

- Weigh in :smiley:
    - Work From home :smiley:
    - Left over shrimp for lunch :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - visit mom & do her bills :smiley:
    - date night :smiley:
    - log food :smiley:
    - stay green :(
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Happy almost Friday y'all!

Date night took me slightly over calories, and gave me a temporary bump up in weight, but nothing major. Wings and beer will do that...

UGHHHHH, my new work responsibilities are certainly stacking up fast. Just gotta keep my mind in check and not let it run amuck. He he he, amuck, amuck, amuck. Oh wait there it goes. Reining it in. Mostly things are good just a tad hectic while I'm learning.

Kiddo is coming in to town to row tomorrow so I'm baking her some treats to take back to school with her. Each small pepperoni roll is about 115 calories and boy can I toss those back. I gotta stay strong on this one.

JFT Friday
    - Weigh :smiley: weight up 2.5 pounds after date night, no biggie.
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings & More Meetings :smiley:
    - Look into getting a quote for a service contract on the LC's
    - Customer Complaints
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Protein shake for brunch
    - Maybe ride after work
    - Bake
    - Bed by 11:30

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Recap R 10/14 ~ impromptu rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log in Exercise Notes) :smiley: really I need to submit my busted Fitbit for warranty replacement before it's too late
    2) Prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water :) not bad for rest day -127 & sodium somewhat better but not ideal & 15c
    3) Facebook Live 12:00 / req'd Grants Mgmt webinar 1:00 - 2:30 / complete webinar summary form & submit to LC / clear some emails / organize papers from completed audits = 4/5
    4) Laundry / boil eggs / wash dishes / another ta-da? TA-DA = 2/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 6/6 yay

JFT F 10/15
    1) Walked dog 4.15 mi before work, clear skies & enjoyed Orion, finally seasonable brisk temps & I could see my breath in light from my headlamp :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log in Exercise Notes)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Organize working papers from GA-IT / submit conflict of interest form / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s / catch up emails
    5) Fridays I usually say f-it when I get home from work but at least one ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:30 alarm (farmers market & walk dog before hubby wakes up)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 10/15 (today: ✔️
    1) No dessert today exept sugarfree or no sugar added (last 10/13)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday 10/18
    6 ) <= 600 calories for lunch

Hour commitment - Just finished coffee stuff and now I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    10/15/21
    - up by 4:15✅
    - meds/coffee ✅
    - work 5-12✅
    - dash 2:30-3:30/4-5
    - pick up Walmart order🛑
    - JFT✅
    - buy decaf coffee/milk
    - finish laundry
    - put one basket away