what is this spinning about

Options
I have one at the gym i go to. What is it all about?

Replies

• conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's a fancy name for riding a stationary bike with an instructor leading you in different programs. It's actually better than that, but the easiest description.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Well I JUST so happen to be a spinning instructor. :wink: It is an instructor/music guided workout. Usually 45 or 60 minutes. It simulates being outdoors with hills and sprints etc. If done correctly and with awesome music it can be an amazing and fun workout. You burn GOBS of calories. More than any other workout I have found. I lost all my weight with spin. This morning I taught a 45 minute class and burned over 500 calories (HRM). The classes fly by with a good teacher/music. I would highly HIGHLY recommend it...and get a gel seat. ;-)
  • ShannonR16385
    ShannonR16385 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do spinning class about 2-3 times per week. I actually just finished my lunch class. You ride a stationary bike with different resistant levels that you control with a knob, basically you choose how hard to push yourself. The instructor will usually play loud motivating music and direct you when to add more resistants/cut back, climb hills, do rolling hills (standing up and peddling and then sitting down again) and sprints. I wear a heart monitor and burn around 500-600 calories in about 45 minutes.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    It's pretty much awesome! And a great workout. I love it, especially when the instructor is good. We have one instructor with bad music and no personality. You get out of the class what you put into it!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a spinning class =(
  • JimmyAsh
    JimmyAsh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did my first ever spin class last Saturday. It was awesome and the sweat ripped out of me, can't wait for the next session this week.:sick:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    They have the bikes but there's no classes. You are just riding it like a bike.. so i just don't know what i should do. . I thought it would be a good change in my routine.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Took my first spinning class yesterday. It was an amazing work out. One warning.....heed the advice of the instructor on here and use a gel seat or something with great padding. All I can say today is......OUCH!