bordom with the same old food

Options
im bored of chicken fish veggies or jacket potatoes and tomatoe pastas which i why i keep failing. all the recipes i have have got so much stuff i dont keep in my pantry all the time. i need some super easy interesting ideas to keep me on track
help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Replies

• CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    im bored of chicken fish veggies or jacket potatoes and tomatoe pastas which i why i keep failing. all the recipes i have have got so much stuff i dont keep in my pantry all the time. i need some super easy interesting ideas to keep me on track
    help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(
    Try skinnytaste.com tons and tons of recipes.....The turkey meatloaf so far is my favorite.....
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    I have a couple of Cook This, Not That recipe books that I love!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Cuban rice and black beans has been my lifesaver because it's flavorful, cheap, and easy. Maybe get some marinades or sauces for your meats to mix it up. Sweet potatoes are good because they keep awhile until you're ready to cook them. A good plan to try is to get some pantry staples that are healthy and then fill in with fresh food. We try a new recipe once in awhile and keep making it until it becomes our usual and easy to whip up.
  • MandyJaneRose
    MandyJaneRose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try cooking vegan! I am not vegan, but I cook vegan sometimes just to keep things interesting. This blog has lots of good, easy, and cheap suggestions: http://melomeals.blogspot.com/
  • Carina116
    Carina116 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    go to http://www.hungry-girl.com/ . great tasting foods without all the calories !
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting the ingredients you need for recipes you have that you are interested in making. But, I enjoy making things from scratch and see the value/importance of having a nicely stocked pantry and spice rack.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    go to http://www.hungry-girl.com/ . great tasting foods without all the calories !

Second vote for HG....
  • jojojoanna1
    jojojoanna1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks guys thats given me some food for thought :laugh:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for dinner I eat fast food quite often. I just eat a burger from a fast food place and a salad (homemade, with low cal dressing), or a piece of pizza and celery sticks. Sometimes lean pockets and sandwiches, too. I get too bored with chicken breast. If you only want to eat healthy foods, I'm not much help. But if you're just looking to stick to a calorie limit, there's a lot more options than you'd think out there.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    you can never go wrong with turkey burgers.......skip the bun if you really want to. make some sweet potato fries to go with it
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    If you want the "bad" stuff visit the hungry girl website :) She has the best recipies :) I get creative at the store and pick up new fruits and vegetables all the time. Yesterday it was a spaghetti squash that i mixed with a very small amount of real pasta. black olives, feta and tomatoes.. it was out of this world.. I've been craving french fries with gravy so tonight i'm making FF out of turnips (hungry girl recipe)... Make your own sushi with the veggies you normally eat (super easy to do). A lot of times i will make a pot of veggie soup and "add on" throughout the week. Good luck!!!
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    I also cook vegan on many occasions. I am by no means vegan but the recipes that I find go great with grilled chicken or fish and give me variety to the same old health food that I get bored with.
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options

Must have been typing when you posted this :) What are some of your favorites?
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My fave....
    CrockPot Chicken
    4 -4 oz chicken breast (frozen)
    1 diced bell pepper (about one cup)
    1 can of any white beans drained and rinsed (I use northern beans)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    2 tsp basil
    salt and pepper to taste (I use 1/8 tsp each)

Put the chicken on the bottom of the crock pot
    Sprinkle basil, salt and pepper on top
    Add beans, tomatoes, and bell pepper
    Cook for 8 hours
    Enjoy!

A serving is one chicken breast and 1 cup of the bean/tomato/pepper mixture. YUM!

When I input all of my ingredients it reads:

Per Serving: 231 calories
    21 Carbs
    4 Fat
    29 Protien
    7 Fiber
  • dannylives
    Options
    I know what you mean. I bought a weight loss cookbook once and then had to go out and buy all this crap I'd never even heard of. I made one meal and thought, "Why am I going through all this trouble and spending money just to make THIS crap? Why can't I just eat normal basic meals?" I think my problem was and still is, knowing how to be creative and ad variety." But Im not sure, 'cause I havent been paying attention. Im gonna try a weekly schedule like, certain protein sources on certain days, and certain carb sources on different days, and the same with veggies. I feel if I dont make a weekly schedule and stay with it then Ill just end up eating whatever. If anybody can help me too, that would be great.
  • calamitydown
    Options
    I've recently been searching McCormick's and Campbell's websites for easy meal ideas for when I don't feel like cooking for an hour or two. They're super simple to cook (even for beginners) and usually use stuff around the house. They also have sections for low fat and low calories.

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes.aspx
    http://www.campbellkitchen.com

Not much, but I hope it helps!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl also has a TV show that is FABULOUS! Check out your guide to see if you get it! I DVR every episode. Shes got some fantastic recipes and "swaps" for bad things we shouldnt have, but she makes it work! My favorite is her Apple Pie in a Mug with Red Hots. YUM!
    She also has books: 200 under 200 (200 recipes under 200 calories)
    300 under 300, etc.
  • jojojoanna1
    jojojoanna1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    brilliant i feel motivated already and those websites are awsome , thanks guys
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    Hungry Girl also has a TV show that is FABULOUS! Check out your guide to see if you get it! I DVR every episode. Shes got some fantastic recipes and "swaps" for bad things we shouldnt have, but she makes it work! My favorite is her Apple Pie in a Mug with Red Hots. YUM!
    She also has books: 200 under 200 (200 recipes under 200 calories)
    300 under 300, etc.

I only discovered her a couple weeks ago. So far i've made the Lord of the onion rings and i'm doing the swap for "disco fries" tonight :) I was wondering about the "apple pie" in the microwave. I've been tempted to make the peanutbutter and banana on more than one occasion :)
  • Carina116
    Carina116 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Must have been typing when you posted this :) What are some of your favorites?

I've tried the multigrain pasta salad so far & it was VERY yummy ! I'm interested in trying the pumpkin egg nog recipe. i LOVE egg nog! and if this one is low in calories, even better !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!