Does squash count as water??

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    We should be the poster children for how to disagree...

I endorse the production of these posters.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I would say yes.
    I would say no.
    Why? If it is well diluted and is the sugar-free squash, I think it counts.
    I simply disagree. *wink*
    I don't count anything but water in my water tracker. It would count for general hydration, though.
    Fair enough. I always put lemon or a tiny bit of Crystal Light in my water so if I didn't count it, I wouldn't be drinking water at all.

Good point Q, this should be on the Hate vs. Disagree topic...
  • gods_gal
    Options
    Of course it does...I usually call the manufacturer of all the food I eat and ask them how much water is in each serving of their product and log that in also...lol. Just joking y'all.

You crack me up!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Im in the "used to hate water now i love water" category. I carry a plastic tumbler with me everywhere i go. Im sure some people view it as a bottle...like for a baby. It is in my hand everywhere i go. My water drinking started out because i knew in order to drink wine at night i had to drink lots of water to prevent dehydration. If i didnt get enough water then i didnt get wine. I loved wine. Now wine dehydrates me and makes my runnung harder. So now i barely drink wine and i love water. Weird!
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Of course it counts as water! Just because it has flavouring in it doesn't mean it ceases to be water!

You're not Jesus.

Haha, love this. Agree.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would say yes.
    I would say no.
    Why? If it is well diluted and is the sugar-free squash, I think it counts.
    I simply disagree. *wink*
    I don't count anything but water in my water tracker. It would count for general hydration, though.
    Fair enough. I always put lemon or a tiny bit of Crystal Light in my water so if I didn't count it, I wouldn't be drinking water at all.

I agree. Now we can also be the poster children for how to agree. So many posters...
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Just a quick one, does squash count as water? as thats what ive been loggin my water as. As i dont like water :/
    Then according to your principle, all vegetables would count as water.
    No. Squash does NOT count as water.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    LOL... this has been a very entertaining thread.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just a quick one, does squash count as water? as thats what ive been loggin my water as. As i dont like water :/

She means the juice concentrate - not the vegetable.
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    Hahah i love all this... Look at what ive started woopiesss! My fault.
    And people im not on about veggies or anything like that its 'robinsons' no added sugar juice what you put into water LOL
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Jeez, calm down Americans, it's just a different name for something. We don't freak the hell out every time you say zucchini instead of courgette.

There was a thread started very recently where someone asked if sugar free Kool Aid counts as water, and pretty much no one objected to that. I don't think we get Kool Aid over here, but from the look of it I think it's a hell of a lot worse than very diluted squash. I particularly like adding a splash of the flat lemonade variety to my water - it's good incentive to drink extra in my opinion as long as you're not over doing it.
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i don't know about squash but i do know i hate plain water. i am now up to 6 cups/day (miracle) since i have been using MIO. crystal light gives me heartburn MIO doesn't. it comes in a few flavors, is 0 everything and is found next to the crystal light. it comes in little silver squeeze bottles trhat fit very easily in your purse.
    :drinker:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Nope..I don't even count tea/coffee as water either..........Just water!

Herbal tea counts as water as it doesn't contain caffeine so it's not a diuretic.
  • Leola2011
    Options
    I'm in tears right now! I can't stop laughing! This is the most bizarre thread I've seen yet!!!!!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    try adding a little lemon juice to your water.. makes it easier to drink water and it's a natural diuretic as well as breath freshener! :smile:
  • CindiBryce
    Options

She means the juice concentrate - not the vegetable.
    Oh, thanks for explaining. Sorry for my ignorance.
    But still, I wouldn't count it as H20.
  • baggie59
    Options
    2 nations divided by a common language !!!

The thing is, the language is English not Americanish !

Squash is a concentrated fruit juice which is diluted in water, not a vegetable !

Hence squash can be counted as water.

And don't start me on scallions, they are spring onions for god sake, WTF is a scallion :-)
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    By squash she means water plus a flavouring - kind of like crystal light in America I guess.

As a fellow UK person (Hi, by the way) I'd say that squash counts as it's a drink, however you need to log the calories which can seriously mount up!

Squash can also mean a vegetable which is why someone commented about watermelon :laugh:

^^Interesting!^^ I work with some Aussies... who use a lot of different terms for things. It's fun! I would never have guessed squash to be a drink though!
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Of course you count it as water. You're putting one part cordial in with 10 parts water or some similar ratio. It's 90% water! What the hell else is it if not flavoured water?

To all those who got confused and thought the OP was on about a vegetable. What planet are you on? Even without knowing that squash is the English term for flavouring you dilute in water you'd have to be a bit of an idiot to just blindly assume they meant a vegetable.
    We're open minded and educated enough to realise that when an american says jelly, they don't mean the stuff you put in a trifle but infact are talking about jam.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Everything that contains water hydrates you, and counts as water consumption. Yes, that includes caffeinated beverages. The additional fluid consumed outweighs the diuretic effect of caffeine.

Everyone telling you otherwise is straight up wrong. People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.