Exercise for tummy fat.

Options
Does anyone know any specific exercises to help you get of tummy fat or is it just exercises and diet. I have been battling to exercise lately as well.
Β«1

Replies

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Agree with @sijomial. You can't 'spot reduce' and the stomach is usually the last place for you to notice a difference. For me, it's definitely being in a calorie deficit that makes me maintain my weight.

I exercise daily and even though I run ultra marathons, it's all about diet for me. I don't eliminate any food groups but I do make sure I get as many nutrients I can from what I do eat. It's about eating in moderation and being mindful of portion control.

Re: "I have been battling to exercise daily as well" - I'm not sure of your circumstances, but maybe go for a 10 minute walk, short bike ride etc to start with. The key is to find an exercise that you enjoy, that way you are more likely to stict with it.

Also, you don't necessarily need a gym membership. There are many ways to exercise outside for free, however, if you don't like exercising outside, alone or need some motivation from the staff/personal trainers, it can be beneficial to join one.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I just took a look at your profile...you might want to go into your Goals and choose "Guided Setup" then change your weight to your current weight, and save that. Your ticker says you have 819 pounds to lose and that will mess up your calorie allotment (unless the ticker is broken in some way, which wouldn't surprise me.) Just check that your weight is entered correctly and that you have it set to either pounds or kilos, whichever is relevant. :)
  • pnrbor
    pnrbor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just took a look at your profile...you might want to go into your Goals and choose "Guided Setup" then change your weight to your current weight, and save that. Your ticker says you have 819 pounds to lose and that will mess up your calorie allotment (unless the ticker is broken in some way, which wouldn't surprise me.) Just check that your weight is entered correctly and that you have it set to either pounds or kilos, whichever is relevant. :)
    Confused sorry.
  • al0481113
    al0481113 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would recommend to figure out what body type you have. A pear or an apple. Then it will be easier to adjust a diet and the work out plan.
    Good luck on your journey πŸ’ͺβœ‹
  • al0481113
    Options
    rq3fmbnxp4aj.jpg
    For those who disagree😘 I am "a pear". And for years I work out due to my body type) and it works)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    pnrbor wrote: Β»
    Confused sorry.

Oh, sorry to confuse you. I was talking about this little weight loss ticker that is on the profile page:

47710916.profile-progress.gif

I guess they are malfunctioning right now, because I saw some other peoples' that were wrong too. Mine appears to be working correctly, like this:

5978.png

Don't worry about it if your daily calories seem to be set okay.

It must be a Myfitnesspal site problem - some weird computer thing. :)
  • saadkhann
    saadkhann Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    There are many many exercises for Tummy fat but i think the most suitable would be exercises on machines.
    There are so many Fat burning machines you can find in the gym, but which one should you choose to use? The exercise bike is a popular choice, and an efficient way to become fitter, healthier, and to increase your cardiovascular abilities.
    However, are exercise bikes good for weight loss? Yes, exercise bikes are a great option if your goal is weight loss. The exercise bike burns calories, assist in creating a caloric deficit which is necessary for weight loss. The average person can burn 260 calories for a moderate 30-minute ride on a stationary exercise bike, which can contribute to your overall weight loss goals.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    +1 to those above asking about what type of exercise problems you're having; maybe we can help.

Also, alongside weight loss and exercise, you might consider whether posture is contributing to the appearance of tummy fat.

It's fairly common to see anterior pelvic tilt, and a chin-forward/shoulders-forward posture (sometimes from too much screen time, so one sees it unflatteringly called "nerd neck"). Both of those things will emphasize abdominal fat by sort of pushing any central fullness downward and outward.

I feel like the anterior pelvic tilt has become a bit more common in women since it's been trendy to emphasize the booty - not necessarily a conscious thing people do, but a thing anyway. (It's a slight tip of the pelvis so that the top of the pelvic bones are forward of the lower pelvic bone areas that they should be stacked more vertically on top of, which makes the booty stick out a bit more, but also pushes the stomach forward. Adding the shoulder/neck forward posture tends to squish that area downward from above, making it more prominent still.)

There are exercises to strengthen muscle groups that can improve posture, and conscious attention to those can also be helpful alongside weight loss, improving appearance at any stage in the weight loss process, if posture is a factor.
  • al0481113
    Options

The shape of your body has no bearing whatsoever on what kind of exercise you should do or what kind of diet you should adopt. That's completely illogical.

So, science (anatomy &physiology) is illogical! So insightful πŸ‘πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

If you have some studies that shows that samototype classification means a body will react differently to foods or to exercise - those of us that have seen otherwise would like to be informed.

What's the difference in physiology reactions.
  • al0481113
    Options
    heybales wrote: Β»

If you have some studies that shows that samototype classification means a body will react differently to foods or to exercise - those of us that have seen otherwise would like to be informed.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/
  • al0481113
    Options
    heybales wrote: Β»

There's a lot of information on Internet.
    I lost 40+ lbs. Using physical exercises based on the body shape is notabad idea indeed. And that's what my friends did as well.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I’d say it’s:
    Diet first β€” lose the fat that is on your body. But you don’t get to chose where on your body the fat will leave. Sadly, that is up to your body.
    Then
    Exercise β€” add muscle to your body. You can target muscle building, but it takes a long time to gain muscle.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    They say β€œabs are made in the kitchen”.
    I hate them for being right. πŸ™„
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    pnrbor wrote: Β»
    Does anyone know any specific exercises to help you get of tummy fat or is it just exercises and diet. I have been battling to exercise lately as well.

Can’t spot reduce, it is exercise and less calories