Ladies needing to lose over 100 pounds

Options
I was looking to put together a small group of women who would like to weigh in weekly, be accountable with each other daily and become friends. This would be great for accountability doing something small like this. Let me know if you're interested?

Replies

• itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm interested
  • abigailanne2021
    abigailanne2021 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm interested as well!
  • ThinMichelleSparkles
    Options
    I sent you both messages
  • California_Rays
    California_Rays Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm interested
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. I need to lose about 110lbs according to BMI.
  • puckettm5978
    puckettm5978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m interested!!
  • rachelg45
    rachelg45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm interested
  • MrsHermit
    Options
    I'm not the OP but why not start here today? What are your small goals for today? What are you focusing on for this week, small changes? I'm working on brunch, changing my choices; as well as changing my choices for evening snack (no dessert, tea instead). Today is day 1 for me for exercise. Going to do that soon after one more chore.
    Yesterday I accomplished lowering my caloric intake from what I usually eat.
    Keep trying!
  • ThinMichelleSparkles
    Options
    I'll send everyone messages now❤
  • Renegadelily
    Renegadelily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • MrsHermit
    Options
    Okay turns out it's a group on facebook not on MFP. I am not on Fb. Does anyone want to start a MFP group?
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do not have Facebook either. Would be interested in a group here.
  • MrsHermit
    Options
    @ThinMichelleSparkles Would it be okay if we continued this thread here for a MFP group?
  • crazyinspired11
    crazyinspired11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im interested too!
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Definitely need support and have a lot to lose again
    Karen
  • MrsHermit
    Options
    Well unless OP says otherwise, let's just continue this thread.

What did your past week of Oct 24 look like / is looking like? How are you on achieving your goals?
    Have you set realistic goals?
    Are you being kind to yourself? Don't set goals so far out of reach that you lose motivation and beat yourself up mentally. Set something small that you can achieve. Small changes add up over time.

What about next week? What is some small change/habit you can work on during the week?

Feel free to add to my questions. Let's do this!
  • CazDeLaz
    CazDeLaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! Feel free to add me
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Struggling to make any changes cause I have failed so many times in the past. Wondering if it is worth it to even try but knowing I cannot go in like this
  • MrsHermit
    Options
    Struggling to make any changes cause I have failed so many times in the past. Wondering if it is worth it to even try but knowing I cannot go in like this

Try for small, tiny changes, like swap 1 food for another, or 5 minutes of exercise after x thing (which happens at least daily). Set achievable goals. I also have some activities that I try to use as rewards, like sewing.

Begin to assess and work on underlying problems. One of mine is using food when I struggle with emotions. I am learning to replace that with x minutes of something I like to DO, like sewing or playing piano. Also, I've found that having music playing while I'm doing things helps me focus, keeping me out of the listless zone.

In my opinion, the real failure in getting healthy is giving up on yourself. Just keep trying. Try different things.
    I just started tracking my food using MFP (had limited knowledge of portion sizes and what is dense caloric-wise) and the scale has started to move down, not wiggle, but move down. First time in many months.

Don't give up on yourself, you are worth it!
  • tater7815
    tater7815 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy I need some support on this Weightloss journey as well. I just downloaded this app and trying to find others who are also needing to loose more than a few pounds.

I am currently 280lbs, 5'5" and it's all in my belly area which is frustrating lol
    My plan is to start tracking my foods and making better choices when I eat. I have a huge issue with allowing my emotions to control my eating habits.
    It's so hard to even care sometimes but it's now or never. I am tired of being unhealthy and unhappy with myself.

So yeah I am definitely motivated and done with making excuses for my choices. Yall can send me a message or friend request. I'm not really sure how this app works. Hope yall are having a great day!