October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Beautiful pictures. You and your mom look so happy.  I will try remember to post a picture of the quilt.. I hope it turns out good. Thanks for the words of encouragement on my race to you and @martaindale and @teresa502. I am at that point of teetering between feeling like I won't be ready and feeling like I'll ace it.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Hey there @TheMrWobbly! Great to see you back!
    Don't worry about catching up on the thread, nothing ever happens on here 😏🤣😂🤣😂
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k is going well.

22 minute run this morning. Feels good!

@martaindale That's a great idea to add an extra week to your training plans in case of injuries. Must remember to do that when I get up to training for races again.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @TheMrWobbly
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I am at that point of teetering between feeling like I won't be ready and feeling like I'll ace it.
    I think this is a good sign that you're ready. The doubts are normal, as are a whole rollercoaster of other thoughts 😆

Great picture with your mom @quilteryoyo and at your race finish @katharmonic

@martaindale enjoy the extra taper week! I like to have a week leeway when following a plan, too, but usually try to keep the last 3 weeks of the plan intact (so I have to use the extra week before then). But I haven't really been following any plans to build up to anything for the past year (or 2?); it's been more a matter of maintaining and being ready for whatever race I have next, so I just do what I want and aim for a consistent weekly total most weeks. I wonder if I could go back to following a plan 🤔.
  • CarsonSurfs
    CarsonSurfs Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @CarsonSurfs - I also hate day light savings. I just wish they would commit and get rid of it. We actually voted in CA to get rid of it but the federal government has yet to approve it.

I believe that CA actually voted to KEEP DST all the time. I lived and surfed there for 5 years, up until June of this year. That was a point of contention for me and all my Dawn Patrol buddies.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    10-1 7k slow
    10-2 7k sleasy (between slow and easy)
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 rest
    10-5 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    10-6 6k slow
    10-7 rest
    10-8 7k slow
    10-9 7k easy
    10-10 7k moderate
    10-11 rest
    10-12 7k slow
    10-13 7k slow
    10-14 rest
    10-15 7k slow
    10-16 7k measy
    10-17 7k easy
    10-18 rest
    10-19 rest
    10-20 4k easy
    10-21 rest
    10-22 rest
    10-23 7k temperate (between tempo and moderate).
    10-24 7k moderate
    10-25 rest
    10-26 7k slow

October Total: 115k
    October Goal: 150k

Mostly cloudy, low 40s F, with a north wind blowing across Lake Erie. Started out well, but faded a little in the middle, which is uncharacteristic of me.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    @Orphia You're doing great. You'll be training for a race in no time.

You are doing great, especially considering all that you have going on @shanaber ! I'll look at the blog post later. It sounds interesting.

Thanks @polskagirl01 .

@Scott6255 You are so consistent, even when you aren't feeling it. WTG!